A birthday to remember

Darthouellet

Reaction score
Hi, everyone!
Yesterday it was my dad's birthday. Since he was the one who showed me a long time ago how to play guitar, I decided to share my love for the uke with him... I was so amazed to see his reaction! I think I've never seen my dad so please and intrigue. We played with our ukes for like 3 hours straight. It was awesome! He called me today.... He told me he bought a hardcase, new strings, a clip tuner and 2 ukulele's method books. lol now he is more equiped than I am. A new uke's lover is born.

Mission accomplished guys!!!!!

Last edited:
awesome possum!!!

Hi, everyone!
Yesterday it was my dad's birthday. Since he was the one who showed me a long time ago how to play guitar, I decided to share my love for the uke with him... I was so amazed to see his reaction! I think I've never seen my dad so please and intrigue. We played with our ukes for like 3 hours straight. I was awsome! He called me today.... He told me he bought a hardcase, new strings, a clip tuner and 2 ukulele's method books. lol now he is more equiped than I am. A new uke's lover is born.

Mission accomplished guys!!!!!

good for you! get him to join the forums.

i should try this with my friends, or MY dad!

Great story thanks for sharing it with us.

That is so neat! What uke did you give him and how old is he? Really sounds like he's been smitten to be buying all those accessories right off the bat. :)

My dad just got 60. I bought him a white mahalo. I know it's not the big deal, but He used to have a white Bc Rich (electro-acoustic guitar), and that was the guitar of his dreams. And the company called it back because of a problem (can't remember what was the problem. It was like 16 years ago). So I looked around for a white ukulele and that's the only one I could find. And I didn't know if he would like it so, That's why I bought this one (with other presents and a homemade binder with 90 tabs and songs that I made for him).

But sadly he will not join the forum because he doesn't speak english at all. But he will visit ukulele underground and I will explain to him what he wants to know that's for sure.

My dad just got 60. I bought him a white mahalo. I know it's not the big deal, but He used to have a white Bc Rich (electro-acoustic guitar), and that was the guitar of his dreams. And the company called it back because of a problem (can't remember what was the problem. It was like 16 years ago). So I looked around for a white ukulele and that's the only one I could find. And I didn't know if he would like it so, That's why I bought this one (with other presents and a homemade binder with 90 tabs and songs that I made for him).

But sadly he will not join the forum because he doesn't speak english at all. But he will visit ukulele underground and I will explain to him what he wants to know that's for sure.
Nice story. You went out of your way to find a white one and I'm sure that made him smile. Plus, you made him a binder of tabs/songs.

You are a totally cool son. :)

Top Bottom