My first upgrade!

blackunicorn

Reaction score
So, six months ago I bought a little purple Mahalo for about 20 bucks (I think my guitar capo cost more). It was totally an impulse purchase- I was shooting a commercial at the chiropractor next door to the music shop, and wandered over while we were waiting for someone to show up, and nabbed it. But I liked messing around with it, and found UU pretty soon after and a bunch of ukulele players on YouTube, and I'm hooked. My boyfriend plays electric bass, and it's been fun jamming together on these two very different instruments while I learn, except my uke's just not very loud.

Well, it's Happy Tax Refund time, and it's also going to be my birthday in a week. So I got myself a little present:

KA CE KALA Mahogany Concert Ukulele w PU & cs. SETUP

I'm so excited!

I started with a mahalo that was a X-mas present. After a year or so of shredding on that li'l guy I got the Kala KA-T. It's changed my life. I can make music now instead of pretending to! Have fun.

A solid mahogany is a great choice--and the pick up is a bonus! Happy Birthday!

This story seems very familiar. At a music store for a diferent reason and by a Mahalo uke.....check. Enjoy the Mahalo enough to decide to upgrade to a better uke and subsequently buy a Kala at the just under $200.00 range.....check.

Fair warning, in my particular story the next step was the purchase of a Kanile'a K1T. REALLY happy with that one, and I'm not saying that is where the UAS will take you but I am saying....be ready, it can happen to you.

Grats on your purchase, and enjoy your new Uke.

Congrats! And now you'll be able to hear yourself over the bass without straining to hear it, Yeah!

Nice work. My second uke was a kala tenor. I love it

Nice, I was lusting over that one for a while in November! I didn't get it in the end but verrry nice for the price!

This story seems very familiar. At a music store for a diferent reason and by a Mahalo uke.....check. Enjoy the Mahalo enough to decide to upgrade to a better uke and subsequently buy a Kala at the just under $200.00 range.....check.

Fair warning, in my particular story the next step was the purchase of a Kanile'a K1T. REALLY happy with that one, and I'm not saying that is where the UAS will take you but I am saying....be ready, it can happen to you.

Grats on your purchase, and enjoy your new Uke.

I just looked up the Kanile'a- what a beauty.

I thought, for the price, it was probably a laminate, so I just double-checked. The KA-CE is a laminate. The solid version is the KA-SMHCE-C, and it's quite a bit pricier. I'm still stoked, though. I'm not sure I'm ready to care for solid wood just yet ^_^;;;

I started with a mahalo that was a X-mas present. After a year or so of shredding on that li'l guy I got the Kala KA-T. It's changed my life. I can make music now instead of pretending to! Have fun.

i need to uprade from my mahalo.

Congrats on your new uke!! Looks sharp and with the pickup.....it's a win - win!!!

I just recently upgraded from a cheapie uke to the Kala KA-CE... beautiful uke, I love it! Sounds so beautiful, plays so sweet... and damn it smells good too! I did originally get the Lanikai LU-21CE, very similar but ended up with the Kala and I love it! It is solid Mahogany though isn't it?...

I just recently upgraded from a cheapie uke to the Kala KA-CE... beautiful uke, I love it! Sounds so beautiful, plays so sweet... and damn it smells good too! I did originally get the Lanikai LU-21CE, very similar but ended up with the Kala and I love it! It is solid Mahogany though isn't it?...
The KA-C (S,C,T, etc.) are laminate mahogany, the solid mahogany are the KA-ASM (S,C,T, etc) series.

Congrats on the new hatchet! Yeah, I have the KA-S and it is for sure a laminate. +1 Kenikas.

The KA-C (S,C,T, etc.) are laminate mahogany, the solid mahogany are the KA-ASM (S,C,T, etc) series.

Yep, ASM stands for All-Solid-Mahogany.

And I've been lusting after various models of this on musicguymic's ebay page, and I've noticed he only specifies whether something is solid wood, so if it doesn't say solid, it's laminate. I actually kind of panicked when people were saying it was solid because I'm afraid I'm too reckless to properly care for one.

I am sitting here watching the clock, thinking "okay it's only 8am Hawaii time...have they opened yet? Is it processed? Is it on its way?" I'm not excited....nooooo :drool:

Top Bottom