Uke building class in LA

Harold O.

Reaction score
Last edited:
An update to this posting is that our local ukulele group will meeting the builders at my shop on the final class day, April 25. That last day is usually setup and stringing day, so we'll have a handful of new custom ukes to play, along with the uke group guys and a barbecue. This is turning into a big deal.

We still have room for a couple more class participants. PM me, I'll give you the details.

Let me know if you're in the area and just want to stop in to play on DAY 4.

Bumping the thread, as it were.

Rick Turner will be at my West Hills Wood shop in LA for this ukulele building class in two weeks. We still have room for one or two more people, but time and space is short. PM for more details.

The last time this class took place here was NEVER. The next time is in two weeks. Don't miss out.

luthier-4-22..jpg

I would absolutely love to, but I can't. After a grounding from a class like that I'd probably want to try one in my apartment with hand tools.

Thanks for hosting this Harold. I'm looking forward to having the opportunity to build my own uke, and having someone as accomplished as Rick Turner guiding me. Unfortunately, I don't have the space or tools needed to build one at home and this is perfect. I can't wait to play the finished product. Which I understand will be a pineapple uke? Is that correct?

I think we will be building pineapples. And I am certain that if we want to customize our instruments in some way (add a pickup, etc), we will find the time.

Since the final class day will be our regular ukulele gathering day, I expect we'll have the group come out to the shop and I'll host a play around.

'been waiting for this one...

That's great! I've been considering adding a pineapple uke to my collection. Are there any compass rose pineapple ukes? Been looking but haven't seen any. Not that mine will be a compass rose, but I can strive for that. right?

Top Bottom