Bruko ukulelen

rock_and_roll_camera

Reaction score
My oh my, how have I ever over looked these sweet little babies? The UAS is taking over me... but I'm seeing everything at once... Why do ye tease me oh lord!? Anybody own/play one of these? They are beautiful, I'm quite taken by the black maple soprano... Maybe order one witha concert neck?...

My Brüko No. 6 is simply the most perfectly put together instrument I have ever owned -- so far, of course.

It has a bright sound, but it sounds rather "complex", too, if that makes sense -- it is not a ukulele to easily grow bored with. It has a chunky neck that is so comfortable that it disappears in my hand when I'm playing. I highly recommend Brüko.

Brükos are awesome! I own several of them, played a lot more, visited the "factory" and bought the t-shirt. If you are interested in a longneck maple soprano, you should consider going Custom. Give them a call and tell them about your favourite specs. They are affordable and delivery is superfast.

I concur with what has been written by everybody. I have a longneck maple, with an arched back. Not expensive in my opinion, with a character that grows on you! Solid wood, with a sturdy feel, and an unmistaken presence.

yes, brüko makes geat ukes! their slim bodied with arched back sopranos are awesome and the customization they offer are so various and inexpensive, too. the variety of woods you can choose from is also not to be looked over. Sometimes Mr. Pfeiffer, the man behind the company, is even able to offer mooreiche (bog oak?) which is oak wood that was submerged in swamps for centuries.

edit: this german shop offers a second hand custom built bruko made of awesome pommele mahogany...its even one of those slim bodied arched backs i mentioned....
http://ebt-edv.de/shop1/index.php?cat=c27_Gebrauchtes.html&XTCsid=ad72e5a74bd307dec8f69ffd27a7f5e8

Last edited:
Yup, the Brukos are pretty nice. I was just wondering if I should sell mine so I can get a solid tenor. So I picked her up and strummed a bit and *bam* was under her spell again. Such a sweet sweet voice, and I love her gentle curves. I don't know what made me think I could ever part with her.

I shall make some enquiries!?... There are so many options though! The one thing I wasn't sure about was the maple, I did see a maple uke I was interested in but a few of the guys on here said maple can be quite harsh and loud? BUT SHE LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOO SWEET!...

If you are going for a maple brüko, ask for some birds eye maple or flamed maple! Looks gorgeous and sounds extra pretty.

Over at the german forums are some threads with Pictures and soundsamples.

flamed maple with soundsample here
birdseye maple

It´s in german but feel free to ask members for advice.

Depends. If I were looking for an affordable "yeller" with lots of volume, projection and treble, I would definetely go for a black slim line. Here for 89 €.
If I were looking for a maple uke as my "main player" I would go custom and combine a flamed maple top with Jacaranda back and sides and a nice rosewood fretboard. Should be about 200 €.
Or I would take a look at this Baby with flamed maple top, back and sides and an arched back for 230 €.

Either way, all three would have loads of character.

Depends. If I were looking for an affordable "yeller" with lots of volume, projection and treble, I would definetely go for a black slim line. Here for 89 €.
If I were looking for a maple uke as my "main player" I would go custom and combine a flamed maple top with Jacaranda back and sides and a nice rosewood fretboard. Should be about 200 €.
Or I would take a look at this Baby with flamed maple top, back and sides and an arched back for 230 €.

Either way, all three would have loads of character.
Thanks for all of the links.Very pretty ukes:iwant:

What would it cost to get the birds eye maple ?
That would be awesome.

Top Bottom