Unexpected turn of events

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
It's only been a couple days since I decided to quit music and already i have received a great amount of support from all of you. All your comments, messages, voicemails, phone calls, and videos have lifted up my spirits. So for that... thanks so much. I love you all.

But there has seem to be an unexpected turn.

She woke up the day that i wrote that blog and read everyone's comments. I dunno if she read them lately but she's been scared to leave her house and can't sleep at night. I'm at fault for this. I guess I didn't realize the consequences for my actions. That was not what I had intended. I wanted to give this whole thing up FOR her. Maybe if her parents saw that I was willing to make sacrifices for their daughter, then maybe they'll see how much she means to me. I wanted to change their minds and view me as an equal. To work my ass off, finish college, and support their daughter.

But now, the main person that i have done this for is scared for her life. She feels that I have stirred up a bunch of hate towards her and she feels that I should say something to make things better. She went on to say that after what just happened; she now hates me and wishes that she had never met me had she known this was gonna happen. Upon hearing this, it made me really confused and seriously... now I REALLY don't know what to do. I really care for her and made all these sacrifices but it seems like it all backfired and even got her so mad to a point of hating me.

I guess I wrote that blog not really thinking straight. Maybe her parents said those things not really thinking straight either. So on that note, I apologize to her parents. I'm sure they just want the best for their daughter as any normal set of parents would. They're just a little old fashioned. I'm sure they're really great people had I gotten the chance to know them.

I love this girl more than anything. Our short time together made me realize how much I could ever love a person. I've been through many relationships and I have never felt so much love for another person than how I felt for her. I've had a relationship with someone for 3 years and that didn't compare to how much feelings I have for this one that was just 1 day shy of 6 months.

I love her and should just leave her be. She deserves to continue on with her life worry free of anyone who might have anything against her.

I don't know what's gonna happen from here. I might end up losing one of the best things that ever happened to me by such stupidity on my part. I never meant for things to turn out this way.

Everyone, I'm sorry. I apologize for everything that's happened.

I need some time to sort things out. You are all correct though, MUSIC is a big part of my life. It'll come to me no matter if I want it or not. So yeah, I just need some time to pick myself up. You've all helped me through such an important part of my life. Thank you all so much.

Last edited:
I thought you wrote that knowing full well that she was going to read it and all it's comments. I didn't read everyones comments, but from what I read, there was nothing threatennig against her. Unless I just didn't read those comments. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you the way you wanted it, but maybe it's for the better? I know its not easy to look at it that way. But it's pretty immature of her to say that she wishes shes never met you...If she actually told you that, then how could she truly have loved you?

I'm not trying to be Anne Landers or anything, but you need to find someone who respects your goals in life and supports you, not someone who makes you feel like crap just because your aspirations aren't on the same level as hers.

Also, I'm really relieved that you've decided not to give up music completely. I actually shed a tear about it, it really did break my heart.

take all the time you need. we'll always be here lol.

I'm not trying to be Anne Landers or anything, but you need to find someone who respects your goals in life and supports you, not someone who makes you feel like crap just because your aspirations aren't on the same level as hers.

true to that. but like how you turned around, she might do the same and in due time, realize some things that may change her mind too.

Wow.. interesting. I hope this isn't and insensitive question, but how old is your girl?

Leave her now, so you can say that you left her.. not the other way around. that way, you'll have more time to play the uke and make music. who cares to "prove" anything to anybody.. trying to give "payback" now or in the future is gonna be a bitch, and possible backfire. better to drop it like a brick.

Something close but not exactly happened to me maybe 18 yrs ago.... bummed me out, then I went on a surf trip to Indo with a couple of my buddies to clear it all out, came back feeling real good. Looking back, that whole event was nothing but a blessing in disguise. I eventually found the right girl and been happily married to her for the last 15 yrs.

thats my advise to throw in the mix...:)

Attachments

• Mapleleafchamps.jpg
    Mapleleafchamps.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 103
  • MLC#2.jpg
    MLC#2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 20
  • Jim&Saskia2cropped.jpg
    Jim&Saskia2cropped.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 21
Aldrine - there are some good comments and some bad in all these replies and all the turn of events going on. I think it's pretty clear that everyone here loves you and hopes for the best for you. The truth is none of us know enough to make clear rational judgements in this very serious situation. Emotions run strong and there are probably some rash things happening. Give it some time, take it slow, take it easy. Only you and her know the full story and only you and her can find the true answer. Take time, think things out, but most importantly - communicate openly and honestly with each other. If some time out beforehand is necessary - do that. If time away from music is necessary - do it. If re-evaluating your goals is necessary - do it. But the real and true answers are going to come from you. Friends can provide support and opinions, but they are never you. We're here to listen when you need to vent or give opinions or bounce things around, but it's all in you and her. Communication on the issues and everything else is really key. heart to hear, soul to soul, with open minds. Take care man.

i believe this quote comes from old school. "love...its a motherf***er, huh?" keep ur passions close bud ur disguisting on the uke. youtube vids from ppl like u got me into it. best luck.

yeah aldrine don't stress so much man, we here for you all day way buddie :)

Attachments

• IMG_4224.jpg
    IMG_4224.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4223.jpg
    IMG_4223.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4222.jpg
    IMG_4222.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 107
Top Bottom