Tell me about longnecks

whatthekoon

Reaction score
Ok, I'm interested in these types of ukuleles although I've yet to play one. Seems like there's many combinations out there, soprano body with concert neck, soprano body with tenor neck, concert body with tenor neck and the list goes on.

So ... for those that own them, what's so special about 'em. Why would you say have a soprano body with a concert neck over an actual concert ukulele and so on? Please impart your wisdom on me.

I recently did a review of the Ohana CK-35L Superconcert on YT. This might help explain what they are all about.

So ... for those that own them, what's so special about 'em. Why would you say have a soprano body with a concert neck over an actual concert ukulele and so on? Please impart your wisdom on me.

Different animals. I would not "prefer" a longneck soprano over a concert and vice versa. Both have their appropriate application possibilities. That said, I like the extra playabilty combined with the typical soprano sound that a longneck delivers.

Well, personally (it's always a matter of choice, isn't it?) I have fallen in love with the superconcert size ukes. for guys like me with BIG hands, the tenors are easier to play accurately. I like the Concert body size for the sound and the extra neck just makes it easier. I like Sopranos for flat out strumming and Tenors for picking, a Superconcert seems to give me a ukulele that is right in the middle of these two choices...and can do both almost as well! Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!:music:

My one custom 'ukulele I recently picked up I ordered a concert body tenor neck (super concert) because I prefer the concert body size but wanted a tenor length neck for playability. My one tenor is hardly ever played, feels too bulky to me who grew up with a soprano, and just doesn't sound quite right to me. My super concert is a happy medium.

I really like the super concert, best of all worlds. More volume than a concert (longer strings) with that sweet concert voice.
Mine has a well balanced voice across all the strings and handles low G with ease and grace.

This thread is totally not about what I thought it was going to be about...

:cheers:

JJ

Top Bottom