Help wanted for Tenor Mold or Mould

Timbuck

Reaction score
I'm making a mould (Uk spelling)..it's for a Tenor uke based on a Kamaka size Tenor...I've taken the dimensions from Photo's on the web..and I've scaled it up as near as I can using the 17" scale length of the uke..I've drawn it out on a piece of MDF and put in the dimensions..I just want a couple of Kamaka tenor owners to check out my dim's against theirs and tell me how far out I am...Thanks in advance...here is a pic of the drawing.
PICT6316.jpg

Last edited:
I never thought of that ..Good point...I once had a Kamaka tenor here, but I never took the measuments off it..but I did notice it was very close to the Laniki tenor size.

Thanks for that Pete..I'll consider it ... Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:28 pm by Timbuck
I've just realised!!!.....I now have a new wide screen monitor..That explains the squat look. ...back to the drawing board I suppose..... all horizontal measurments still appreciated tho'.

Ken - it will be in the post today (I've found your address) because I know where you are coming from and if you want the classic Kamaka shape (the one which I base my standard tenor on) it is unlike the martin which is formed on connecting arcs - it's a much free-er form...

With the Help of Pete, I've finally got this Tenor Mould on the way to completion..it's a bit of a mixture of Petes shape..Kamaka's...and some of my own..It's just about what I had in mind and now I'm happy with it.
PICT6318.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shape Ken. Are you getting enquiries for tenors now? Completely different build to a soprano you know more to go wrong and get right. It's a little bit beyond building light I'd say.

Nice shape Ken. Are you getting enquiries for tenors now? Completely different build to a soprano you know more to go wrong and get right. It's a little bit beyond building light I'd say.
It's just that I need a change Pete..Now I've got a bigger thickness sander I can have go with a Tenor set that you gave me yonk's ago..And it give me an excuse to do the thing I like best and make some more jigs and things.Here are some pic's of my Mould cum Solera..so I can build "Spanish heel" .. "Bolt on" or "Dovetail"..it just keeps the neck in line whatever method i choose.
PICT6339.jpg

PICT6341.jpg

PICT6345.jpg

Top Bottom