Kala Red Strings

I have a few sets of Kala Red for soprano and concert. They didn't work well on my Bushman Concert Jenny (Aquila is best for it). But they worked well on an old Decca Soprano and on my Northern JCD-2 concert - and on my plastic TV Pal! The wound C string broke the plastic friction peg tuner on my TV Pal, but I put in an old tuner and the strings sound great. see my videos for what they sound like - Hank Snow song with the strings on my Northern. And Deep River Blues in my garage for the TV Pal! Oh also, the Advantage to playing ukuele that I also did in my garage. The reds strings on an old Decca that I painted baby blue!

Hope that helps!

I have a few sets of Kala Red for soprano and concert. They didn't work well on my Bushman Concert Jenny (Aquila is best for it). But they worked well on an old Decca Soprano and on my Northern JCD-2 concert - and on my plastic TV Pal! The wound C string broke the plastic friction peg tuner on my TV Pal, but I put in an old tuner and the strings sound great. see my videos for what they sound like - Hank Snow song with the strings on my Northern. And Deep River Blues in my garage for the TV Pal! Oh also, the Advantage to playing ukuele that I also did in my garage. The reds strings on an old Decca that I painted baby blue!

Hope that helps!
thanks sounds great!

I didn't like them. Mine were wound, except for the 1st string and they squeaked too much for my taste.

I had these but didn't like them much. The C- and E-strings are both wound. Your preference may vary.

Don't the Applause ukes come with D'addario strings already? You didn't like em?

I had these but didn't like them much. The C- and E-strings are both wound. Your preference may vary.

Don't the Applause ukes come with D'addario strings already? You didn't like em?

yeah they do i think. idk. just changing it up a lil. bit. if i dont like the red strings ill go with black. and clear.

I've equipped them to my Vintage White K-wave and I must say, they look rather sexy on it if you ask me :D. Sound wise, they sound too dark and mellow.

I just got a set a few days ago and I'm taking them off... they sounds dark and plastic-ey... the wound strings also buzz a lot on my uke and don't feel nice under my fingers...

i guess it all depends on the type of uke u get the strings will make a difference either good or bad on an ukulele. also depending on ur preferance

My applause soprano is strung with aquilas and I would definitely recommend them. Over the d'addarios it came the strung with the sound is about 1000% better with the aquilas.

Top Bottom