Look what I got!! My new achtop guitarlele!!

fumanshu

Reaction score
Look what I got!! My new achtop uke!!

Hi guys!! I woudl just like to share with you my super super new baby!!! I've been dreaming for years of an instrument like this one and I finally found someone who built it for me!!!

Do you believe how happy I am??!!!!

So this a super tenor archtop guitarlele built by who else than Brad Donalson!!!

Thansk Brad once again for this beauty!!!

Enough talking....here's the pics...

Hope you like it as I like it!!!!!! hahahah!!!

Bao6001.jpg
[/IMG]

Bao6003.jpg

Bao6005.jpg

Last edited:
"Super tenor guitarlele", huh? Sounds like a pretty fancy name for a guitar. ;)

(Of course, I jest.)

That's a beaut, fer sure. I bet it sounds totally boss, too.

What're the specs?

Thats a sweet looking uke! Get some sound clips up pronto!

I just shipped it today to fumanshu, so it will be some days before he gets it. It is a tenor size body with a baritone scale (19.375"), joined to the body at the 14th fret. The tuning is ADGCAE and the nut width is 1 11/16" to accommodate his small hands. One of my YouTube videos show me playing it when I first strung it up in the white some weeks ago.

Brad

Hey thanks for the specs Brad!!!! We worked hard on this one to see how to get it done to fit with my small hands but at the same time, since I'm confortable to play with quite a wide neck of classical guitar, to have enough room for good fingering.

The tuning is ADGCEA...just like a requinto.

Lori wrote:

That's a beauty! You got the right man to make it for you! So, are you going to post a video on it? I would love to hear it!

Hi Lori, you're right, I know that Brad is the person that I was looking for my project. I've approched a few uke builders but I never get any positive but with Brad, we make this possible.

I told you, that i have a whole collection of guitarlele hein??!!!! I still have more coming later!!!!! hahahahaha!!!

Wow. That's awesome. There are so many uke luthiers that are super responsive to ideas and such.

I just listened to the video clip -- sounds really neat! Congratulations, and great job, Brad!

wow that thing is perdyyyyy. I want a sound sample, like...now!!

phanzo wrote:

wow that thing is perdyyyyy. I want a sound sample, like...now!!

Thanks Phanzo! I've got a lot of guitarleles but i was really looking for an archtop. I do have an archtop guitar but for me, guitar is just a gigantic instrument. I always find guitar to be oversize for my small body size so guitarlele was really the solution for me and since I really like the sound of an archtop, well I knew that an archtop guitarlele is what I really need.

From then, I start the quest for a luthier who would accept to build one for me...And Brad was the man!!

Top Bottom