Mim needs a logo, will give you a clip-on tuner Contest

Mim

Reaction score
I hope this is allowed here. If not... just scoot it over to general discussion or delete it.

But basically... I need a logo for my "uke stuff" that will not get me in legal trouble with Disney for using ;)

Since I now have Ukes in my shop I wanted to do a web site that is set apart from my Aloha Snow web site so that it is easier to manage and so if people are looking for ukes they go there. If they are looking for ice cream they go here. So, here it is:
http://www.mimsukes.com/

The problem is... I know I can not use Disney's Mad Madame Mim for my logo. She is not legally mine. I just put her there for now for filler. But having no skills, knowing no one with skills, and wanting something "uke-ish" I am coming here. So if you have any art skills and feel like making me a logo I would love you forever! I was going to get in touch with a girl I used to know that does amazing Anime characters to see if she could draw me something up, but I can not seem to get in touch with her. Looking for something spunky and hip with a uke invovled.

What you would get:
A clip-on Tune Tech tuner like the one here:
http://www.mimsukes.com/ukestuff/

When it ends: March 10, 2010

Thanks guys!

heres my entry its like an ukulele made out of icecream scoops with a cherry on top

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 33
Enjoy! Not really original, but it's just a simple design. :)

Attachments

• Mimslogo.jpg
    Mimslogo.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 35
The colours I've used are pastel shades of blue, pink and yellow, which are ice creams which always conjure up images of American Ice Cream Parlours from the 1960s, a sort of Back To The Future and Happy Days kinda vibe.

Hope you like it, anyway (plus I'm flat broke and need a tuner! haha!)

Attachments

• mims ukespreview.jpg
    mims ukespreview.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 22
maybe something like this

ukmimex2.jpg

oooh, count me in. reserving this space.

edit: here's what i came up with. i've always been a fan of the handwritten logotype look. the top and bottom show you the form, and the middle is spruced up with a simple gradient to keep with the fun ice creamy theme.

i can send you the vector file so you can resize the logo to cover the side of a barn without it losing any quality.

Attachments

• mimsukes.jpg
    mimsukes.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
What No Ice Cream!?!?!? (LOL)

Since I see you live Under a Coconut and we have no palm trees here... I do not think my ice cream would last all the way to whereever your particular coconut resides! But if you are ever in Charlotte! Sure! A Big Kahuna Snowball or Ice Cream on the house!!! (Big Kahuna = Extra Large)

If you know of a caricature artist or live near a theme park that has one get them to draw one of you holding a uke maybe something like my avatar that I use.

Last edited:
Here's my entry, hope you like it.

edit: pic deleted due to friendly request to use :love:

Last edited:
Is there any way you can extend the date another week? I'd like to put an entry in, but its midterm week for me at college. I have break next week and can create something nice for you!

View attachment 10744View attachment 10743View attachment 10741View attachment 10740

We had a flurry of ideas, most based on your photo and what you have on your website already. Since you didn't say anything about limiting the number of entries....here you go! Hope you like them and find something you can use. Thanks for the contest! Due to a limitation on the number of attachments per post, we'll add the rest to a second post.There are six altogether between the four attachments here and the two on the next post.

Last edited:
Hi Mim
last minute again
This is entry from Acousticballyhoo

attachment.php

I design this logo for match color with your web ^^
I hope U like it.

PS. if you approve, I can sent bigger file to you

Last edited:
The first 4 are not coming up for me. But I am anxious to see them :)

We think it might be because we tried to upload all six at once. A little later, we'll try to resend them two per post, since the last two uploaded okay. We really put these together in a hurry since today is the deadline. However, we were surprised that all the eraser and tape marks showed up, but no color. We're still trying to figure out the computer stuff. When we say "cut and paste" half the time we still mean scissors and tape:p Thanks for letting us know that you haven't been able to see the drawings, while we have a chance to try again:)

Top Bottom