Ukes with florentine cutaways

portlandjosh

Reaction score
I know there are Bushmans with the Florentine-style cutways (sharp vs. rounded), but I'm curious if anyone knows of other brands that use the Florentine style. Most I have seen are Venetian.

Cheers!

Ohana TK75CG, the Limited Edition maple has the florentine cutaway. It doesn't curve, but is sharp. The Uke itself is sharp. I'm still up in the air about having Uke Republic save one for me when they come in.

Ohana TK75CG, the Limited Edition maple has the florentine cutaway. It doesn't curve, but is sharp. The Uke itself is sharp. I'm still up in the air about having Uke Republic save one for me when they come in.

mod_r.jpg

this is the ukulele mangorockfish speaks of

Apart from usual brands, I found these:

1. Shinji Takahashi's Tenor
2. Pete Howlett's Tenor Cutaway
3. Beneteau Tenor

takahashiuke.jpg
Tenor-Cutaway.gif
ten_uke1copy.jpg

The Ohana is gorgeous. I love the older style of the Bushman Jenny cutaway. It is so dramatic with the sharp point. It seems the latest version is more rounded.
JennyTenorSMALL.jpg

Regarding that "James Hill" uke, I've played that very instrument. It's very comfortable and retains most of the uke's resonating surfaces. Regarding the Florentine cutaway, it's funny you mention it, because I've just modified a StewMac tenor kit to have a Florentine cutaway. I just hope it works.

Top Bottom