Any Phoenix area ukers out there!?!?

phanzo

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I really just want to make a thread where people in Phoenix can come to chat about anything Phoenix related. Whether it's a uke meetup your going to or a really good place you went to for dinner last night, let's talk about it all...here.

I know there are a couple Phoenix uke groups out there, but I wanted to reach out and meet some of the fellow UU people from the Valley. What's your name? Where do you live? Do you currently belong to a local Uke group? Would you be interested in forming a UU meetup group?

It would be cool to get something together with some folks where we can hang out and jam and just have a good time, drinkin beers and playin some tunes. It'd be even cooler if that already exists and we can just join in :D

So if you're currently living in the Phoenix area, drop a note here and let's talk. This could be like a chat page for all things Phoenix.

We all live here, might as well share the uke love and hang out!!

Last edited:
I'll start it off:

I am currently living in South Scottsdale, off of Thomas. I have been playing uke for 2 years but am still doing quite a bit of learning :D I dont play in any uke groups here in the valley. Mostly bc I work nights. I really wanna start going to some meetups around the valley, once the resort industry slows down for the summer. I wanna find a really cool meetup group that is just laid back and enjoys the uke...

Last edited:
Anyone going to the Aloha Festival at Tempe Town Lake this weekend?? Or the workshops being held on Thursday and Saturday??

I just thought I would drop in and say hi to your thread.

Hi Thread!

I just thought I would drop in and say hi to your thread.
Thanks Ramon! If you find yourself near Phoneix this weekend, make sure to stop by the Aloha Festival, it's gonna be a blasty blast! I heard it's just a short drive south from Toronto!! :D

I'm in AZ, but I don't even have a uke yet (but in 2 days I will!). Plus I'm kind of old. And I don't drink beer. :D

I'm in Mesa. I'll have to get my uke and learn some stuff and see how much I can get into it before I consider any groups. I might see if I can swing by the Aloha Fest Saturday and see if it inspires me.

Hey Dustin,

I should be at the festival on Sunday. Hope to see you there!

~Michael

Btw...next weekend is the annual Glendale Folk festival. There are some ukulele workshops/groups planned there too...not as much as the Aloha Festival I'm sure, but in Glendale you can learn how to play the musical saw too. :D

~Michael

Hey Dustin,

I should be at the festival on Sunday. Hope to see you there!

~Michael

Sounds good! I think I will be there Saturday afternoon/evening. There's a jam session at 6pm on Saturday that I'd like to take part in, but I may just end up hangin with the old lady, checkin out some live music. If I have Sunday off, I'm sure I'll go there for at least a little while...

Andgood note about the Glendale fest, I'll have to check it out. Glendale's a bit of a hike for me, but it may be worth it to go out there one day if I'm not working. Unfortunatly I usually work 6-7 days/week, and I dont know until the day before...so we shall see.

Just found out that I will be off on Sunday, so I will be able to hit up the Aloha Festival. Anyone going? I'll also be off in time on Saturday to go to the kanikapila at the Dolce Espresso Coffee Bar off of Camelback. Not sure what to expect, but it should be a blast. Come on out and hang out!!

Anybody end up going to the Aloha Festival last weekend? I got to go on Sunday and had a blast!! I also got to jam with Uncle Kimo Hussey for 2 hours on Saturday night. It was amazing!!

:anyone:

by the way, I edited the details of the original post. I really just want this to be a place where we can hang out and talk about anything phoenix related. so if you haven't check out the OP, go ahead and do so!!

Aloha!

I used to live in Scottsdale and was at the Aloha Festival last year. Unfortunetly we were unable to make the hike from Texas this year, 2011 for sure. It's defeintly a "must go to" event. On my youtube page, there is a couple videos from the 2009 event with Derek Sebastian. My mom still lives there, next time I'm in town I will hit you up and maybe we can jam.

Aloha!

I used to live in Scottsdale and was at the Aloha Festival last year. Unfortunetly we were unable to make the hike from Texas this year, 2011 for sure. It's defeintly a "must go to" event. On my youtube page, there is a couple videos from the 2009 event with Derek Sebastian. My mom still lives there, next time I'm in town I will hit you up and maybe we can jam.

sounds good amigo!! The Aloha Fest this year was awesome. I only got to go on Sunday, but the had a crazy big turnout this year. Saturday alone they had 150,000 people which is what they had total for both days last year. And Sunday was PACKED, so I know it was a huge success. Let me know if you're ever in the area...

I know I'm a bit late from Glendale here but work in Scottsdale. Are you still around?

Howdy and welcome to the UU. Have a great time learning with us!

Top Bottom