Possible fraudulent KoAloha Pineapple Sunday listing on Craig's List!

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I was surfing around Craig's List and came up on this suspicious listing for a KoAloha Pineapple Sunday. Not only are they using the exact language from my prior Craig's List/ebay/UU/Flea Market ad for my PS, but they also stole the picture from my ad. How do I know? I know my former PS anywhere, this is the one that Ronnie Aloha had, that I bought, and that I later sold here on UU. Plus, that is my case in the photo, and my couch the case is sitting on in the photo.

They either were too lazy to take their own picture, or they are trying to scam someone for a uke they don't even have in their possession. Plus, they are asking $1400 for it, and claiming they just bought it in Oahu.

I tried to flag it as fraudulent, and I sent an email to Craig's List but heard nothing back. Does anyone know how I can contact them and get this listing removed? I thought about writing to the seller directly and confronting them but I have not done so yet.

Do NOT buy this unless you verify it actually exists and that they are just a lazy bum and not a crook!
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/msg/1625955419.html

BOOO!!! Craigslist could really use a eBay-style feedback system to prevent this crap.

That's terrible. Craigslist really has gone downhill. You have to weed through so many scams and idiots its almost not worth looking at

The link takes me to a page that says the ad is flagged for removal. Looks like you did your good deed for the day.

Good, I'm glad to hear it. Score one against the bad guys! That was quick, mods I guess you can lock this one.

Last edited:
I don't understand how he expected to consummate the deal. The thing I like about Craiglist better than eBay is you go and see the item. If you like it you give them the money and leave with the merchandise. Of course there have been several cases reported where the potential buyer was simply relieved of the cash at gunpoint when he got there.

Do NOT buy this unless you verify it actually exists and that they are just a lazy bum and not a crook!
I would be more worried about it being a scam if it were on ebay than craigslist. The whole point of CL is to deal locally where you can check out the goods in person before buying.

My guess is he was just too lazy to write his own description so he "borrowed" yours. Same with the pic. Maybe his digicam's broken or he only has a cell phone camera that takes crappy pics. Doesn't mean he doesn't actually have the same model of PS for sale.

Way to go Oh Wicked One. Nice catch.

One thing that a lot of other craigslisters in my area do when they spot something totally bad like that is to post a reply directly to the sales or job section to warn anyone reading. Usually it's reporting commercial sales, but other times it's people posting about a job scam or merch that is priced way too high.

Good catch on your part!

Staci, Why were you looking for another PS?:) Nice catch. I would have emailoed them with interest in buyibng the item and then strung them along. I once did that and asked for the "moving check" to be sent to my work address, which was the Georgia Bureau Investigations (State FBI):)

Staci, Why were you looking for another PS?:) Nice catch. I would have emailoed them with interest in buyibng the item and then strung them along. I once did that and asked for the "moving check" to be sent to my work address, which was the Georgia Bureau Investigations (State FBI):)

Ha! Good deal John!

Nope, I wasn't looking to get a new PS. I'm done with that quest. I was just contemplating the quest for a Sceptre and came across the listing. ;)

I don't understand how he expected to consummate the deal. The thing I like about Craiglist better than eBay is you go and see the item. If you like it you give them the money and leave with the merchandise. Of course there have been several cases reported where the potential buyer was simply relieved of the cash at gunpoint when he got there.

Not every Craigslist ad requires face to face dealing, though CL encourages it. I bought my first Kanile'a from a guy in Honolulu who was willing to ship it to me. We discussed it over the phone and used secured funds for the transaction. In the end I was taking a leap of faith that he had it and would send it to me, but it did work out okay in the end!

Top Bottom