Did Youtube need a facelift???

wee_ginga_yin

Reaction score
If you are a youtube regular you will have no doubt noticed that there has been some
drastic changes going on. I just learn how to navigate around and then they go and change
things around.

What I don't like is AUTOPLAY. Usually I want to listen to a song before I comment, but
when the song ends it immediately skips to the next video, so either I have to switch it off
or go back afterwards. It infuriates me. Why can't they have it OFF as default.

What do you find annoying about the new setup and what do you find good?

At the moment they are asking for feedback and the last question on their questionaire
is sum up the new interface in one word and I had to write Diabolical

What do you think of the new interface?

i just got used to useing the quick list and i have the same problem, on the rare occaision that i have written a realy long comment the video ends and i loose the text as it skips to the next video

I've got the same problem with the "new and improved" YouTube automatically playing the next selection. It usually starts when I am writing my commments, and wipes them out. They are definitely not spending much on quality control. The more important thing to me is that YT also keeps changing the streaming format somehow, so that programs such as DownloadHelper keep failing on the download conversion on some vids. Of course YT doesn't care about that, and probably hope you can't download, since I am told they now have vids they are trying to sell for 99 cents/download. Normally, I wouldn't care, since my taste doesn't tend to run into whatever they are charging for, but they keep taking down so many old 1920s-1940s uke tunes on bogus copyright violations that I now try to preserve them as soon as I see them.

Last edited:
I've got the same problem with the "new and improved" YouTube automatically playing the next selection. It usually starts when I am writing my commments, and wipes them out. They are definitely not spending much on quality control. The more important thing to me is that YT also keeps changing the streaming format somehow, so that programs such as DownloadHelper keep failing on the download conversion on some vids. Of course YT doesn't care about that, and probably hope you can't download, since I am told they now have vids they are trying to sell for 99 cents/download. Normally, I wouldn't care, since my taste doesn't tend to run into whatever they are charging for, but they keep taking down so many old 1920s-1940s uke tunes on bogus copyright violations that I now try to preserve them as soon as I see them.

Yeah but there are also videos that take up space on my home page.. the featured videos which are
puerile and really not to my viewing tastes, yet they are in my face every time I log in. I ignore them
but I wish I could block them, and since so many people subscribe to that stuff, I sometimes wonder
if I am from a different plant or something.

i just got used to useing the quick list and i have the same problem,
on the rare occaision that i have written a realy long comment the video ends and i loose the text
as it skips to the next video

I hate it when that happens. I was writing a long reply to kennymelodica when it jumped to
the next video. Agrlfmtx mentioned that when she ran "we are gonna get respect" contest
that have the fun was reading the comments that came in, and I know that positive feedback
in the form of a well thought out comment is something I look forward to.

I like Autoplay - I'm working from home, and all my subscriptions are playing away in the background.

I suppose it is a good feature if all you want to do is LISTEN to what your contacts are playing,
or if you are not interested in making comments or giving feedback.

If you want to use youtube like a video jukebox then autoplay definitely is the way to go,

Yeah but there are also videos that take up space on my home page.. the featured videos which are
puerile and really not to my viewing tastes, yet they are in my face every time I log in. I ignore them
but I wish I could block them, and since so many people subscribe to that stuff, I sometimes wonder
if I am from a different plant or something.

You may know this, but on the YT homepage you can change the order of the display. On mine the "Featured Videos" are at the bottom, so I never have to give them more than a glance if I get that far down. The little arrows I have circled in red on the attachment below will move the little buggers up or down:

http://www.box.net/shared/vxl6qd8bi0

Last edited:
Top Bottom