In Your Face Mandolins!

Paul December

Reaction score
Easy to see that it's a popular christmas gift. The search volume spikes at the end of each year.

Oh, and Paul December: I stole the link for my facebook page, hope you don't mind.

Google trends have spoken!

Notice how ukulele started surpassing mandolin right around the economic dip.

Google trends have spoken!

Notice how ukulele started surpassing mandolin right around the economic dip.

That is an interesting point SSB. I know why. I have always wanted a mandolin but they are just too expensive.

I'm still learning my mandolin. It's fun, but nowhere near as versatile as a ukulele.

Last edited:
Well, I've already seen him in tights (in the movie Labyrinth), but if he took up the ukulele too, then I would be the happiest girl this side of the Mississippi River. ;)

I'm still learning my mandolin. It's fun, but nowhere near as versatile as a ukulele.
X10 ,, if your not a grasser,, the only thing I find fun is celtic & old timey stuff. chords are a b otch,

and John, you can get a "playable " mando for 200-300 if you look around > Most of the 100-200 are not so wonderful , and discouraging

What's with all the gloating 'n stuff? I thought Ukers and Ukerettes were a peace loving bunch? Were's all the usual hippy spiel about harmony and all that? Aren't all instruments created equal?

:nana:

What's with all the gloating 'n stuff? I thought Ukers and Ukerettes were a peace loving bunch? Were's all the usual hippy spiel about harmony and all that? Aren't all instruments created equal?

:nana:
Its all fun, but

show up at a bg jam with a oval hole , or A style mando ,, the F style guys look at you like you got a bugger on your face. LOL

Top Bottom