Southeast Uke Jam - CUKEOUT

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
We are having a CUKEOUT at the Lake Greenwood State Recreation Area in SC on Saturday April 10, 2010. Everyone is invited! Come to Shelter S-003. The Jam starts at 10am until 6:30 pm. Bring you own food and drink and lots of ukes!!!

See http://www.charlestonhotshots.com/cukeout-2010 for more details. Campsite can be reserved online.

Click here to get on the E-mail list

Last edited:
Hi all,

I've had a lot of inquires about the Cukeout on April 10th at Lake Greenwood. I just checked and there are still 16 campsites for the 9th and 10th. You can click here to get to the reservation screen.

We'll have a swap/sell table, a raffle for a 4 uke wall hanger and a PA for an open mic show. I'm going to record the open mic and post the songs to share among us. There'll be grills at the shelter so bring some charcoal, dogs/burgers and drink or what ever you need to keep playing strong. I think we are going to have a strong showing of Southeastern Uke Players, non-uke playing friends are welcome. Nalala, will be there to round out the sounds with her Bucket Bass. Drop me PM here or at ukuleleblues@charlestonhotshots.com line if you have any questions!!

Cukeout

Just a reminder that the CUKEOUT is coming April 10 from 10:00am until 6:30pm at Lake Greenwood Recreation area in South Carolina Shelter S003. The weather forecast is perfect. Showers on Thursday to knock down the pollen. For early arriver's on Friday, it's 70 in the day and a perfect sit-around-the-fire-and-strum 45 at night. Saturday the day of the Jam it's 73 in the day and 47 at night. Just right!!

Bring you own food and drink and lots of ukes!!! Well have and open mic session for those that want show of their chops!!! We'll record it for uke posterity.

Swap/sell table for those interested. We'll be raffling off a 4 uke wall holder for those with UAS (Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome).

I am not sure of the camping situation, might need to call the park. I have all the contact info on the CUKEOUT website. If someone needs a site e-mail me at ukuleleblues@charlestonhotshots.com and I can forward you request to the folks on the Jam e-mail list to see if some can share a site. http://www.charlestonhotshots.com/cukeout-2010

Can someone who has camped at the park before tell me how late I can arrive on Friday and still check into my campsite? I have to work for part of the day, and I need to know how early I need to leave. The website lists different office hours from the hours of operation; do you have to show up during office hours to check in?

I'll try and call tomorrow and see what they say and post it. I have to work part of the day so might not be able to get through so their number is Phone: (864) 543-3535.

Can someone who has camped at the park before tell me how late I can arrive on Friday and still check into my campsite? I have to work for part of the day, and I need to know how early I need to leave. The website lists different office hours from the hours of operation; do you have to show up during office hours to check in?

I sent you a PM with some other info I just thought of.

Thanks for looking into it, but I already had a reservation; I just needed to know how late I could arrive and still check in. But now I can't go, so I just cancelled my reservation (they kept the whole payment, ouch! WTF, S.C.?). So there's at least one campsite that is now available if anyone wants it.

Many thanks to the Charleston Hotshots for hosting the Cukeout over the weekend. It was a blast hearing other players from around the Southeast.

Just got back this evening from the mountains a few hours ago with 2 hours of video and 3 hours of recordings from the Saturday CUKEOUT to edit and post. I'll get busy and share those with everyone. It was a really nice event. The location was beautiful, the music was sweet and the folks there were great meet. If anyone that attended has any pics they want me to put on the web site, send them to me at ukuleleblues@charlestonhotshots.com
It was great meeting all the ukers and hearing them play. It was quite an experience playing together at the same time with 20+ other ukers on the open mic stage!!!

Top Bottom