New Strings choices soon to confuse you even more

MGM

Reaction score
Several new major strings lines to come out in less than a week or so. there is the new flourocarbon ???? and the similiar to Pro-Arte style ?????? oh yes and the new purplelish P??????? Will let you know more very soon

I'll get excited when you tell me that KoAloha is packaging their strings and putting them on the market. :)

Jude

Purple?! PURPLE??? I need me some purpleish strings.

Oh...Great!! My wife already thinks I'm a string junky!

Wait, does that mean I need a purple Dolphin?

Actually purple strings on the blue dolphin could look pretty cool.

Although, one can never have too much purple.....or too many ukes.

I think I need a metallic blue Dolphin...

Okay I will let some of the cat out of the bag.....

New formula flourcarbon type strings not made in Japan Ko'olau "Alohi strings....greyish purple bright billinat hard high density
Nylon type more similiar to Pro ARTE STRINGS Ko'olau Mahana Strings..warmer med tension strings

in process of packaging sets now

I repeat. I need me some purple strings.

How awesome could those look on a lava Fluke?

I also need me a lava Fluke...

i forgot to mention MGM pink flouro's lol

you know nylon absorbs dye really well if you want to tint your own strings

I see some KoAloha blacks on eBay! What's the difference between those and the Hilo black tynex strings?

I'd like to know more about the clear flourocarbon strings that ship with Koaloha Concert ukes, in this instance from MGM, but presumably other vendors too. The MGM site calls them Koaloha Flourocarbon Strings.

What are they, basically, and when it comes to replacing them, what would be recommended as a similar string? They have a bright neutral sound that isn't as pronounced as Aquila but not as subdued as Ko'olau Golds. I have no experience of other quality strings, only cheapies.

So I guess my question is, are there Worths or similar available with the same characteristics as the factory strings, and what other options are recommended for a Koaloha Concert? (Also, I do seem to have trouble correlating Worth product codes)

Try the Worth CL's. They have the KoAloha endorsement on the package. The D'Addario Pro Arte strings that are sold here on UU also work very nicely on KoAlohas. I have the original KoAloha flourocarbon strings on my Super Concert, the UU ProArtes on my Concert, Aquillas on my long-neck Pineapple, Ko'olau Gold on my Pineapple Soprano, and Aquilla Concert size on my Soprano. KoAloha ukes sound good with anything! I like thicker strings than the flourocarbons so I replace them with a fatter string when I make the first string change.

Jude

Top Bottom