Les Reitforts Tenor Cutaway, Birds Eye Maple

jmpnflea00

Reaction score
This is my Les Reitforts Tenor cutaway made in Bidseye Maple. I may be thinking of selling it to help with my sons private school tuition. I know what I paid for it, but I don't know what is it worth today. I bought it brand new 3 years ago and has been in climate controlled storage since then. Strings de-tuned etc. It has never been played. I bought it to add to my collection. If anyone has insight or information about its value, I'd appreciate it much....Mahalo

Attachments

• les1.jpg
    les1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 108
  • les2.jpg
    les2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 108
  • les3.jpg
    les3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 107
  • les4.jpg
    les4.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 86
  • les5.jpg
    les5.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 83
A koa concert Reitforts cutaway just sold on FMM. I can't remember how much it went for though.

The Rietfors Concert was mine. I did have it listed for $2,100, but ended up accepting a trade. That is a very beautiful instrument. You may want to contact Shawn Yacavone at Ukulele Friend. He may offer to purchase your Rietfors, or help you value it. Good luck with your sale.

Aloha Ledhand75, that asking price of $2100 for your Riefors concert, was that a conservative price, a high price or was it a special made concert? Would it be safe to say that this Birdseye maple tenor would be worth as much or? Thanks for you inputs to my thread

Aloha jmpnflea. I set what I thought was a fair sale price. I'm afraid that I don't have the expertise to tell you the market value of your instrument. It's very beautiful, and in mint condition. Did Les build other Maple Ukes? If this is very unique, perhaps it would enhance the value. Have you tried contacting Ukulele Friend or Musicguymic?

Yes I did, Shawn made me an offer and Musicguymic gave me some insight as to what its worth in todays market for a ukulele like this one. And from the looks of the two values they gave me. It must be a special model. I currently have it listed on ebay, ends on the 21st of March (Sunday). Really don't want to part with it but my son has been accepted to a private school next year and I'm trying to raise some money to help with the tuition.....Sometimes sacrifices just have to be made. God Bless everyone:)

Wow, what a gorgeous instrument. Wish I could take it off your hands but I'm all Uked out. Best of luck with your sale.

Top Bottom