Eleukes and string tension

Johnny Elsewhere

Reaction score
So!

I recently bought a BugsGear Eleuke. And I'm VERY much in love with this uke. It's tone is amazing through just headphones!

But for me, the tension is a bit too tight on the strings. I don't want to tune down a half step to compensate, otherwise I'd have to use a capo (although that probably isn't going to fix it.). The action could be a little lower, but I've only had it for about fifteen minutes in my hands so far.

So, how do I go about loosening the tension on this bad boy? Without altering the nut or anything?

Or should I just say "Forget it," and take it to a guitar tech who knows how to do it?

Thanks guys!

you could always try different strings. Some brands of strings have higher tension than others. I'd recommend Aquilas

Did you get a tenor? It's tenors that normally have high tension.

Try Aquila baritone GCEA strings on tenors. They make tenors feel more like sopranos and concerts in terms of tension.
After a few days though, since the strings need to stretch out and reach equilibrium :)

Yes, it's a tenor. They came with Aquila tenor strings.. Maybe I'll order some baritone ones in the near future.

Do they make GCEA strings with a high G for baritones?

Top Bottom