Need a "Pirate" Song

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
We are dressing up like pirates and playing later this month (sometime I think I've gone nuts) at a park that is having a treasure hunt. Does anyone have an idea for a "pirate song" we could play.

What Do You Do With A Drunken Pirate. Only 2 chords (we do it in Am with the second chord a G), and it's fun to write your own verses. :D

And don't forget JB's fabulous A Pirate Looks At Forty.

Last edited:
Another pirate song comes to mind- "Barrett's Privateers" by the late Canadian songwriter Stan Rogers. Privateers were pirates who had official permission from someone to steal. It's got a great sing along chorus and you get to cuss, too.

Another pirate song comes to mind- "Barrett's Privateers" by the late Canadian songwriter Stan Rogers. Privateers were pirates who had official permission from someone to steal. It's got a great sing along chorus and you get to cuss, too.

Great song!

"Now I'm a broken man on the Halifax pier. The last of Barrett's privateers."

"All for me grog" is probably the most requested song by my friends when I pull the banjo out at parties. I just tried it out on uke and it sounds great.

Not really a pirate song but "spongebob squarepants" has to be a winner.

For some reason I thought of The Pirate King from The Pirates of Penzance. I can barely remember it, because I last heard it in this movie as a child.

So maybe Gilbert and Sullivan have something for you in that musical? (yeah right, lol?)

Last edited:
I have that on some live Stan Rogers vinyl!

So maybe Gilbert and Sullivan have something for you in that musical? (yeah right, lol?)

Actually, I was about to suggest the same thing. There's got to be something from Penzance that will work. And G&S are actually quite fun to sing...

JJ

Top Bottom