PDA

View Full Version : The Official Philadelphia Meet-Up Thread

austin1
03-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Hello all!

So, the weather is getting warmer, I think it's about time we start planning the Philadelphia meet-up!

Who: Us
What: Ukulele meet-up/jam session
Where: Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, by the big fountain
When: Sunday April 11th (the second Sunday in April, as suggested by Luvdatuke). Rain date: Sunday April 18th
Why: Because there are ukes in Philly, there are, there are!

How does 1 PM sound to everyone?

luvdat
03-07-2010, 01:04 AM
I hope the Phillie meet-up works out and those in that area have a great day.

I may try for something up North in NJ rather than down the shore...or maybe even in NYC like Washington Square Park.

Sambient
03-07-2010, 05:10 AM
Just as long as they don't think we're a flash mob!

I'll do my best to be there. I'll know closer to the date.

Josh!!!
03-15-2010, 08:38 PM
i'm gonna try to request off from work for this. i've been hearing about a lot of street/park performers in the city getting arrested and kicked out of parks for not having a permit. any worries about that?

jojouke
03-19-2010, 08:00 AM
Hello all!

So, the weather is getting warmer, I think it's about time we start planning the Philadelphia meet-up!

Who: Us
What: Ukulele meet-up/jam session
Where: Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, by the big fountain
When: Sunday April 11th (the second Sunday in April, as suggested by Luvdatuke). Rain date: Sunday April 18th
Why: Because there are ukes in Philly, there are, there are!

How does 1 PM sound to everyone?

I'll be there! I'll try posting the link in the city paper.1 PM sound good.

jojouke
03-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Okay. here's our facebook fan page. we'll be able to ad pics and stuff. become a fan!
phillyukejam

austin1
03-21-2010, 01:45 PM
shameless bump! this still sounding okay to everyone?

jojouke, thanks for making the facebook page (and for posting a link in the paper?! that is awesome)

and josh, I think we'll be okay. I can see them getting kind of mad if we were trying to make money off it...or actually perform for people, but I can't really see how they'd justify kicking out a couple people hanging out and playing ukes for each other. we'll just let the cops borrow a uke, and then they'll forget all about it :D

jojouke
03-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Well, we won't be asking for money so I don't think it'd be a problem. No crime in together, right?

jojouke
03-21-2010, 02:00 PM
If you come down to philly, I'll join in Washington Square. i love that place!

austin1
03-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Bump.

How's everyone still doing with the date?

Jojouke, I don't actually know where Washington Square is. I picked Rittenhouse square because it's right by a PATCO station for those of us coming in from Jersey, is that okay by you?

jojouke
03-25-2010, 09:45 AM
If you come down to philly, I'll join in Washington Square. i love that place!

Make no mistake, the meet-up is in Rittenhouse Square not Washington Square. In the quote above I was referring to Washington Square in Manhattan and that if she came to our meeting up in Rittenhouse Square I'd go to a meet-up in Washington Square in NYC if there would be one scheduled. Sorry for the confusion!

Sambient
03-29-2010, 03:32 AM
I unfortunately cannot make this one. I hope for success and future opportunities.

austin1
04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
bump!

we're still on, and now we're apparently in the paper, so that's cool!

Sambient
04-11-2010, 02:55 AM
bump!

we're still on, and now we're apparently in the paper, so that's cool!

That's very cool!
Have a great time today. Hope someone takes pictures and posts them here.

austin1
04-11-2010, 04:44 PM
first meeting: success! We had about eleven or twelve people show up, as well as the appearance of a banjo and a banjolele, it was quite fun!

Here's the official facebook thingy: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Philadelelphia/phillyukejam/110344345644136

let's all upload songs to it so at our next meeting (in exactly two weeks) we'll have something prepared!

http://i44.tinypic.com/2zf8x9y.jpg

jojouke
04-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Alright, it's official. We had our first jam session today at Rittenhouse Square and it was a lot of fun. We'll try doing it every two weeks on sunday at 1:00, so our next session will be april 25. check out phillyukejam on facebook.

Josh!!!
04-12-2010, 06:15 PM
sorry i missed it. i was at rittenhouse on saturday but didn't have time to make it there sunday. i'll definitely be there next time, though. i was surprised to see 3 people playing ukes on saturday though. were any of them you guys?

austin1
04-16-2010, 03:36 PM
nope, wasn't any of us that I know of, although those three people should come jam with us!

austin1
04-21-2010, 06:38 AM
bump! next jam is this sunday the 25th!