The Official Philadelphia Meet-Up Thread

austin1

Reaction score
Hello all!

So, the weather is getting warmer, I think it's about time we start planning the Philadelphia meet-up!

Who: Us
What: Ukulele meet-up/jam session
Where: Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, by the big fountain
When: Sunday April 11th (the second Sunday in April, as suggested by Luvdatuke). Rain date: Sunday April 18th
Why: Because there are ukes in Philly, there are, there are!

How does 1 PM sound to everyone?

I hope the Phillie meet-up works out and those in that area have a great day.

I may try for something up North in NJ rather than down the shore...or maybe even in NYC like Washington Square Park.

Last edited:
Just as long as they don't think we're a flash mob!

I'll do my best to be there. I'll know closer to the date.

i'm gonna try to request off from work for this. i've been hearing about a lot of street/park performers in the city getting arrested and kicked out of parks for not having a permit. any worries about that?

Total beginner

Hello all!

So, the weather is getting warmer, I think it's about time we start planning the Philadelphia meet-up!

Who: Us
What: Ukulele meet-up/jam session
Where: Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, by the big fountain
When: Sunday April 11th (the second Sunday in April, as suggested by Luvdatuke). Rain date: Sunday April 18th
Why: Because there are ukes in Philly, there are, there are!

How does 1 PM sound to everyone?

I'll be there! I'll try posting the link in the city paper.1 PM sound good.

facebook fan page

Okay. here's our facebook fan page. we'll be able to ad pics and stuff. become a fan!
phillyukejam

shameless bump! this still sounding okay to everyone?

jojouke, thanks for making the facebook page (and for posting a link in the paper?! that is awesome)

and josh, I think we'll be okay. I can see them getting kind of mad if we were trying to make money off it...or actually perform for people, but I can't really see how they'd justify kicking out a couple people hanging out and playing ukes for each other. we'll just let the cops borrow a uke, and then they'll forget all about it :D

Well, we won't be asking for money so I don't think it'd be a problem. No crime in together, right?

If you come down to philly, I'll join in Washington Square. i love that place!

Bump.

How's everyone still doing with the date?

Jojouke, I don't actually know where Washington Square is. I picked Rittenhouse square because it's right by a PATCO station for those of us coming in from Jersey, is that okay by you?

Rittenhouse Square Meet-up

If you come down to philly, I'll join in Washington Square. i love that place!

Make no mistake, the meet-up is in Rittenhouse Square not Washington Square. In the quote above I was referring to Washington Square in Manhattan and that if she came to our meeting up in Rittenhouse Square I'd go to a meet-up in Washington Square in NYC if there would be one scheduled. Sorry for the confusion!

I unfortunately cannot make this one. I hope for success and future opportunities.

first meeting: success! We had about eleven or twelve people show up, as well as the appearance of a banjo and a banjolele, it was quite fun!

Here's the official facebook thingy: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Philadelelphia/phillyukejam/110344345644136

let's all upload songs to it so at our next meeting (in exactly two weeks) we'll have something prepared!

2zf8x9y.jpg

Philly Uke Jam

Alright, it's official. We had our first jam session today at Rittenhouse Square and it was a lot of fun. We'll try doing it every two weeks on sunday at 1:00, so our next session will be april 25. check out phillyukejam on facebook.

Last edited:
sorry i missed it. i was at rittenhouse on saturday but didn't have time to make it there sunday. i'll definitely be there next time, though. i was surprised to see 3 people playing ukes on saturday though. were any of them you guys?

Top Bottom