Fixing ur ukulele

Caz808

Reaction score
Howz it UU
i was jus tryin to find out if anyone knows a good site to learn about ukulele repairs and the trypes of tools you need to do repairs at home things like buzzing cracks messing wit frets all of it...so any sites or books that you kno of help
MAHALO UU

CAZ

When I saw your post about "ur" ukulele, I thought it was about a seminal instrument, the "Ur" uke made by one of the earliest manufacturers. What a find that would be! Ur, of course, comes from the ancient Sumerian city and now meaning original or prototypical.

But, no, it was just a spelling mistake. Of which, along with the mistakes in grammar, punctuation and capitalization I count at least fifteen. That suggests you are still in elementary school, so I offer that repairing a subtle and charming musical instrument might be a little beyond your level at present. Wait until you're at least in high school before you tackle luthiery. For now, focus your attention on learning to play - and improving your English skills.​

Umm, wow. Caz, you might want to surf the Ukulele Building / Luthier Lounge thread - those folks might be able to help you out.

When I saw your post about "ur" ukulele, I thought it was about a seminal instrument, the "Ur" uke made by one of the earliest manufacturers. What a find that would be! Ur, of course, comes from the ancient Sumerian city and now meaning original or prototypical.

But, no, it was just a spelling mistake. Of which, along with the mistakes in grammar, punctuation and capitalization I count at least fifteen. That suggests you are still in elementary school, so I offer that repairing a subtle and charming musical instrument might be a little beyond your level at present. Wait until you're at least in high school before you tackle luthiery. For now, focus your attention on learning to play - and improving your English skills.​

This reply is insensitive at best. Possibly racist. And perhaps when the original poster, who is an Iraq war veteran has some time he can visit beautiful Collingwood. Then you can have your own personal Eliza Doolittle.

Last edited:

Arrogance, sarcasm and misguided self importance are not traits to be proud of.:(

Sorry Caz808, for tools have a look at this site.
http://www.stewmac.com/

finbar :cool:

Youre on a grammar police kick today arent you? Every thread i tried to read today i couldnt finish because i kept running into annoying/off topic posts from you judging everyones spelling. Just a heads up, no one wants to read that. You are taking the fun out of the thread when you do that. But oh well, all you probably got out of this post was a tally of how many apostrophies i left out.

Getting back to the original question, Stew Mac has a lot of info available. They sell books on this as well as provide a lot of information on set ups and repairs. Granted most of it is centered on how to use their tools, but you can learn a lot. Keep in mind, good repair work is much harder to do than building instruments.

Brad

Try FRETS.COM

Top Bottom