Any suggestions?

ukefett

Reaction score
I guess this is kind of a two part question. A. what do you guys play when you get your heart broken? B. What do you suggest for some poor sap who just had his broken? Its not really a just broken up with situation, more like a never got that shot but anything will do. Thanks!

The Tennesee Waltz. Classic. But you don't have to have a broken heart to play it. Or how about J. Geils Band. "Love Stinks"

Not an expert, but...

Just play. Anything and everything that comes. No need learn a new song just to express your feelings. Just make everything you know feel like you do.

"He Stopped Lovin' Her Today" 'Nuff said!

The Magnetic Fields - "Epitaph for My Heart" (Or basically almost any song off the "69 Love Songs" triple-album.)

Stephin Merritt makes misery fun!

I think there are two schools of thought here...

1) Play the blues and sad songs, be miserable and cry and get it out of your system. Sometimes we just need to do that because it's cathartic.

2) Say "screw that" and focus on playing happy songs that make you feel better. Sometimes we need to do that, too, instead of wallowing in self-pity.

You're a free man! Play "Joy to the World". Like the hippy said, just play and you'll start feeling great. That heart of yours is bullet-proof.

The're coming to ta take me away ha ha the're coming to take me away ho ho hee hee hah hah to the funny farm where Life is beautiful all the time and i'll be happy to see those men in those clean white coats......

I can't stop thinking, "Heartbreak Hotel." In my youth, I had a reserved suite!

Top Bottom