Reaction score
Hah! From Amazon's listing for the Kala solid acacia tenor:

Product Features
* Form a spout anywhere on the flexible rim
* Pours liquids precisely with no spills
* Body is firmly flexible, not thin and floppy
* Outside is textured for a secure grip inside is smooth for easy pouring
* Microwave and dishwasher safe; heat resistant up to 490 degrees Fahrenheit

I like this part in the product description: "Kala designs and manufactures top grade ukuleles and is considered a leading brand with a comprehensive line of these fine music instruments. Material grips counter to provide traction Generous headspace prevents spills Measurement level indicators are clear and easy to read Translucent body is textured for a secure grip with two clear measurement windows Easy to read American measurement increment ladders Quick read measurement lines are accurate for precise measuring ." I do rather like the Kalas for their precise measuring capabilities.

My Kala acacia concert has absolutely rubbish traction, and never grips the counter, in spite of my many attempts to use it as a teapot. (I do, after all, still want to take advantage of its clear measurement windows)

Heh. Someone in their proof reading department must have fallen asleep.

Sorry to divert from the great humor, but their price ain't bad. MGM recently increased to $315 on these and of course, he includes lots of goodies if you have the extra dough. Still, $266 is $49 less and it's tempting. :drool:

Sorry to divert from the great humor, but their price ain't bad. MGM recently increased to $315 on these and of course, he includes lots of goodies if you have the extra dough. Still, $266 is $49 less and it's tempting. :drool:

Speaking for myself, the setup that MGM offers is alone worth the extra dosh. But then you get a case (also worth the extra money), a tuner, a book, and extra-fast shipping. No contest.

Yup, I agree that MGM has the best "deal" with all the extras. Plus, I know that Mike has better customer service than all the others.

OTOH, if you're scraping up money to bridge the gap between a laminate and a solid wood teno, the $266 is an easier target to hit.

Wow. I never realized my Acacia tenor was so versatile! I'll have to try heating and pouring liquids with it.

Teflon was such a revolution in ukes! Sooooo much better than the old Nunes and Kamaka cast iron ukes from the twenties and thirties! They were not even microwaveable!

Top Bottom