Pawn stars

wfwhitson

Reaction score
On history channal tonight, on Pawn Stars an 1920 Gibson banjo uke is brought into the shop.

There is a guy locally here selling a 1920s Banjolele. He brought it by the shop to see if I might be interested. He has the history on it and everything. He is selling it for $850 and it is completely restored. Seriously, that sucker is done up just right. And the sound... oh the sound! And he made the most beautiful custom case. So if anyone is looking for one, let me know. I have his card because he is a Luthier in case I need his help on anything. I can not remember the exact model, but it is a Gibson (something) - 1 which means it has the smallest head they made. I want it... bad... but alas, the stuggling ice cream shop owner does not have the $. Maybe after the summer ;)

Now it can be yours via eBay. VINTAGE 1920s GIBSON BANJO UKULELE AS SEEN ON PAWNSTARS

Funny thing is that even restored it's still in pretty rough shape. They may be a bit optimistic at that opening bid. And I still don't get the steel strings. I have a strong suspicion that the guy they took it to may not have known as much about ukuleles as he would have led you to believe...

If I remember right, they paid the owner $200.00. The guy that restored it was a guitar man and charged ($400.00 I think). It looked better on TV after the resto than it does on the auction site...

Top Bottom