Who makes a Cool Looking Tenor Cutaway that is Non-Electric or Passive Only?

molinee

Reaction score
I am looking for a Tenor that is a CUT-AWAY but NOT an electric or Active (with door). I could settle for a passive I guess. I have checked with Mele, who has a nice looking cut-away but they did not return my email. I am thinking that somebody has to make a non-electric cutaway Tenor.. I do like the looks of some of the Kala's cut-aways, but all I can find are electric. Any help appreciated.

I am looking for a Tenor that is a CUT-AWAY but NOT an electric or Active (with door). I could settle for a passive I guess. I have checked with Mele, who has a nice looking cut-away but they did not return my email. I am thinking that somebody has to make a non-electric cutaway Tenor.. I do like the looks of some of the Kala's cut-aways, but all I can find are electric. Any help appreciated.

I would call Mele. They aren't the greatest at replying to emails.

I have a tenor Kala lacewood cutaway with a passive pickup which I absolutely love, but when I was buying it, MGM said that they were discontinuing the cutaway version. Not sure if they're still available, or where you could get one.

Here's a video of me playing it tuned to DGBE but it also sounds great tuned GCEA. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf9n0FtJmHk

I would call Mele. They aren't the greatest at replying to emails.

Good! Saved me $600. The way I look at it is, Any seller who lists an email contact for their customers and then doesn't return the email is a company that I don't want to buy from in the first place... call me crazy...:)

Good! Saved me $600. The way I look at it is, Any seller who lists an email contact for their customers and then doesn't return the email is a company that I don't want to buy from in the first place... call me crazy...:)

If it was my job (I need one.), I would have replied—their loss I guess. :p

Ken i love the tk 75cg So reminds me of that Kiwaya tenor deluxe that used to sell for 1,000.00

Ken i love the tk 75cg So reminds me of that Kiwaya tenor deluxe that used to sell for 1,000.00

I love it too, Mike. It is the instrument I use at all the festivals. Like the Kiwaya it is incredibly light and has terrific projection and volume.

There has been a run on them lately though, in Europe and the US. I don't know whether anyone has one in stock at the moment.

I love it too, Mike. It is the instrument I use at all the festivals. Like the Kiwaya it is incredibly light and has terrific projection and volume.

There has been a run on them lately though, in Europe and the US. I don't know whether anyone has one in stock at the moment.

Elderly is carrying at least one as we speak. Thanks to you Ken and to Mike for your info... Appreciate it.

my ck-75cg (concert) should be arriving tomoz, I'll post some pictures and maybe a sound sample (I've got some new tunes to put up on youtube anyway so why not on a new uke). It is a stunning looking acoustic uke though!

Obviously it won't sound identical to the tenor...

Top Bottom