PDA

View Full Version : One Day Ukulele Mini-Fest - UK - Sunday 18th April 2010

johncaudrey
03-09-2010, 02:42 AM
Hi Folks

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this as it's one off event (though may become annual)

One Day Ukulele Mini-Fest - UK

Sunday 18th April 2010

Newbury, Berkshire. UK

A Day of Workshops, skill swaps and strum alongs with an evening open-mic session.

Southern Ukulele Store will be there with lots of lovely ukuleles and related goodies for sale.

For details (regularly updated) check the website at:

http://www.largerthanlifeuk.com/uke-fest/home.php

Please email us from the website to let us know if you are planning to come as we need and idea of attendance so as to make sure we have enough room/facilities for everyone.

Hopefully see some of you UK folks there.

John

krabbers
03-14-2010, 06:34 AM
john, for the open mic i will stick my cajon and acoustic bass in the car in case anyone wants a bit of back up. they will be free to use by anyone who needs them

also if anyone is on route and needs a lift between guildford and newbury let me know i have four spare seats, a huge boot / trunk and satnav

johncaudrey
03-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Lots'a new info up at the site: new address: www.newburyukuleles.co.uk
Let us know if you are planning to come.
Cheers
John

johncaudrey
04-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:07 pm by johncaudrey
Last bump......Less that a week away now!
Folks coming from all over the UK.
Email us from the website if you are planning on coming.
www.newburyukuleles.co.uk

Hope to see some of you there!

John

unluckymum
04-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Bumpification. Cos just bump is too short. :)

johncaudrey
04-17-2010, 06:18 AM
Thanks Mum!

More folks confirmed today.
It's going to be a great day for driving to Newbury tomorrow. Clear skys, no vapour trails and a ukulele gathering at the end of it. What more could you want?
John

ukantor
04-19-2010, 12:20 AM
The Mini-Fest in Newbury was a huge success. At least thirty people there, and I'd only met three of them before, so lots of new friends. I just wish I was better at putting names to faces. It's already becoming a bit of a blurr!

There were the usual impromptu strum-alongs, proper workshops (thank you, David Crofts!), and the two venues were excellent. The time flew by, and unfortunately I had to leave the open mic. early to face the 2 1/2 hour drive home.

Many thanks to John Caudrey and his team for organising such an enjoyable event.

John Colter.

johncaudrey
04-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks John.

I was really pleased with how the day went. Over 40 through the door during the day and a few extras in for the evening session too.
Ukulele Undergrounders present included yourself, Me, krabbers, Unluckymum, Barbary Bill, luapelele, kwartje and SparkyUkulele, let me know if I've missed anyone.
I plan to do it all again next year!
Thanks again to everyone who came. I'm sure there will be some photos and perhaps even some video available soon.
Cheers everyone. Only wish I'd had more time to chat to all you lovely folks!
John

UkuEroll
04-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Glad to hear it went well, I really was looking forward to coming but I'm still not well enough, looking forward to seeing some pictures soon. And remember john, Glastonbury started out with just a few dozen so just imagine what it'll be like next year.

ukantor
04-20-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm sorry you couldn't make it, UkuEroll. I was looking forward to meeting you, and chiding you for giving us such a scare! Your continued recovery is the only consideration.

Hope to see you before too long.

All the best,

John Colter.

johncaudrey
04-20-2010, 02:17 AM
Hi Leroy

Yeah, what John said.
It was a real shame you missed it, but your recovery is far more important. I will try and arrange to come over to yours for a jam sometime, so that you don't have to venture out, if thats OK with you and Terri?

Cheers

John

johncaudrey
05-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi Folks
For anyone that may be interested, photos of the event are now available at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34435533@N00/
Slideshow at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34435533@N00/show/
And Videos of the open-mic are being put up at the youtube channel once permissions have been obtained at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/newburyukuleles

ukantor
05-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Ah, yes! Memories of a great day's ukin'.

Thanks, John.

JohnColter.