mango ukes

L_ukeGirl

Reaction score
Are mango ukes lighter than cedar or mahogany? Never had the opportunity to compare.
Many Thanks!

Any idea if any of the better manufacturers are going to start a spalted mango line? I've only seen Lanikai and Oscar.

Has anyone tried the new Ibanez mango concert uke yet? Just introduced at the NAMM show in January.

http://www.ibanez.com/AcousticGuitars/model-UEW20SG

I think the top is laminated? I love the looks, but I've seen a couple of online reviews saying the tone is not quite ready for prime time.

I am quite impressed by the aNueNue mango... They are very light, very powerful and have a sweet sound.

I agree of the imports anuenue is the way to go. Built correctly and not weigh a ton. I do not think the supply has reached USA yet only Show models are for sale at this time. The Ibanez one i heard was about as bad as the oscar scmidt.

Are mango ukes lighter than cedar or mahogany? Never had the opportunity to compare.
Many Thanks!

Mahogany is 41 lb/ft and specific gravity of.54
Koa is 42 lb/ft and the specific gravity of .53
Mango is 47 lb/ft and specific gravity of .57

Thanks Ahnko. I guess not at all lighter, as in a Mainland Mango Conert may feel heavier that than same model mahogany.

In the amount of wood that goes into a quality solid wood 'ukulele probably not noticably heavier all things (thickness) being equal.

Top Bottom