Informative Speech

will32890

Reaction score
I just realized this might be a good "tool" to use to get some basic info for the history of the ukulele. So far I have read that the instrument is actually from Portugal? Anyway I need to give an informative speech that's roughly 5 minutes long. I figured I would do a bit on history, some facts about the ukulele like how it is tuned etc, and then some famous ukulele players. Does anyone have any information I could use or point me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey thanks to both of you :D hawaiianmusiclover06 I will definitely take you up on this, and I'm starting off with the link for Cool Hand Uke just because that is a great name haha

Great article by John King: http://www.ukuleleyes.com/issues/vol7/no3/feature.htm

In my most humblest opinion the pineapple ukulele created by Sam Kamaka Sr. in 1921 (patented in 1928) is the true Hawaiian 'ukulele in design.

Historically, that's a fact. The inclusion first of a native tonewood (koa)...could be considered a part of a "design," but not really. Why? Even now, construction matters more, determines more. For me personally, the pineapple design is also the optimal design. It's a matter of physics: there's simply more resonance in the pineapple with the figure 8 posing challenges to resonance...

Later pineapples...the Pineapple Sunday, Scepter and the humble Flea...

Sam Kamaka, Sr....Eternal Memory.

Great articles!

Last edited:
What a coincidence! I just started a speech class and had decided to do ukulele as my informative speech. I'll be checking these links and pm'd for the other info.
Thanks all
Chris

outline

Hey! I wanted to give a speech on the uke too. I was curious if any of you could help me out with the outline since you have done this before?

Top Bottom