Kau'wela ukes

portlandjosh

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Kau'wela ukes? I haven't seen much online about them.

Kau Wela is the name for a import uke usually sold at the Swap meet. The name is my Friends Nandy's brand of good quality but mostly laminate ukes. He sometimes has customs made in hawaii built under his name but you can tell those from the import line of mahogany zebrawood and sprucetop ukes.

One of my pet peeves is the improper use of the 'okina in Hawaiian words the 'okina being technically a consonant and you never have two consonants together in any Hawaiian word.
Another is the improper use of the definite singular article ka, and ke the ke replacing ka only before words beginning with a, e, o, and k. Some malihini need to know this before trying to create their own "Hawaiian" names.
No offense to you Josh, I'm sure you're just repeating what you saw or heard.

One of my pet peeves is the improper use of the 'okina in Hawaiian words the 'okina being technically a consonant and you never have two consonants together in any Hawaiian word.
Another is the improper use of the definite singular article ka, and ke the ke replacing ka only before words beginning with a, e, o, and k. Some malihini need to know this before trying to create their own "Hawaiian" names.
No offense to you Josh, I'm sure you're just repeating what you saw or heard.

Yep, I just cut and pasted what was sent to me. As a grammer nerd, I understand your pet peeve. I am glad to be corrected! Cheers

Top Bottom