Corey Haim found Dead!

It's very sad that all too many talented people seem to set themselves on a road for self destruction. What a waste.

I liked him in LUCAS. Too bad, too sad.

It's very likely that his family share some of the responsibility. But I'm talking out of cluelessness regarding Haim here.

I was a hug fan of the Corey's. But when they first got outed for cocaine charges back in the day, and came walking out of the courtroom with their coats over their heads, I was really disapointed. It was like finding out your heroes were complete fakes or something.

They did a VH1 special on the two Corey's before their reality show. Corey Haim was a complete disaster then, and if I remember right they said he would never recover completely from his addiction. He was living with his mom, and she was basically taking care of him. I was really surprised he was even up for that reality show.

When they made Lost Boys II Haim got turned down for the part. I felt bad for the guy, but after seeing the bonus material, he had one part which they cut because he was a complete disaster.

I don't think his parents were completely to blame. I blame the industry more then anybody. Throw a kid into the entertainment industry, expect him to be an adult, let him run wild unchecked with lots of money, and then drop them from the lime-lite with no support. It's a shame, but that's the entertainment business.

Last edited:
I was a hug fan of the Corey's. But when they first got outed for cocaine charges back in the day, and came walking out of the courtroom with their coats over their heads, I was really disapointed. It was like finding out your heroes were complete fakes or something.

They did a VH1 special on the two Corey's before their reality show. Corey Haim was a complete disaster then, and if I remember right they said he would never recover completely from his addiction. He was living with his mom, and she was basically taking care of him. I was really surprised he was even up for that reality show.

When they made Lost Boys II Haim got turned down for the part. I felt bad for the guy, but after seeing the bonus material, he had one part which they cut because he was a complete disaster.

I don't think his parents were completely to blame. I blame the industry more then anybody. Throw a kid into the entertainment industry, expect him to be an adult, let him run wild unchecked with lots of money, and then drop them from the lime-lite with no support. It's a shame, but that's the entertainment business.

I didn't say completely to blame. Yes, the industry is messed up. Corey got caught up in it all.

I didn't say completely to blame. Yes, the industry is messed up. Corey got caught up in it all.

That's okay, I understood what you meant (I shouldn't have used the word completely). I'm sure his parents, like all child star parents, turned a blind eye to his antics/issues once the money started rolling in. It's just sad that he couldn't recover from it, like example Drew Barrymore.

Yes this is a very sad story.We were priviledged to have Corey and and his film crew parked in my yard last may filming segments of American Sunset.We also had the pleasure to meet Corey and his Mom who accompanied Corey .My daughter has posted pictures on UU ,I have no idea how to locate those pictures.I remember one of Corey and his Mom playing frisbee on my front lawn. RIP Corey .Your family and friends are in our prayers.

Yes this is a very sad story.We were priviledged to have Corey and and his film crew parked in my yard last may filming segments of American Sunset.We also had the pleasure to meet Corey and his Mom who accompanied Corey .My daughter has posted pictures on UU ,I have no idea how to locate those pictures.I remember one of Corey and his Mom playing frisbee on my front lawn. RIP Corey .Your family and friends are in our prayers.

Here's your thread:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?13104

This is so very sad. When he was on The Two Corey's, I thought he was already over his addiction (I know that they are never "over" it, but you know what I mean.) Like I thought it really was a new beginning for him. :( RIP, Corey.

Here's Dad's favourite picture of Corey when he was at our home last year ;) Plus Dad with the Haim.

Attachments

• haim_frisbee.JPG
    haim_frisbee.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 12
  • dad_haim.JPG
    dad_haim.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom