The Blue Box Uke

Floyd Blue

Reaction score
Here's another toy built from spare parts.

The box uke: It's no cigar box uke. I used an old selfmade plywood box. It was a bit too short, so I decided to build it diagonally.

Here's a short sound example: demo
First half is recorded with microphone, second half with piezo pickup.

boxuke01.jpg

boxuke02.jpg

boxuke03.jpg

boxuke04.jpg

More pics in the next post...

That's a neat looking uke, but the cat frightens me. What do you feed it? It looks like it could eat a whole tuna or maybe a couple of goats.

Haha! He's the cutest cat ever. He gets about 200 g of normal cat food and a handful of cat cookies per day. He looks a bit strange because I woke him up to take the photos on the sofa. But as big as he is, he's really lovely and a coward. When the door bell rings he immediatly disappears and won't be seen for at least an hour.

Watch my "Bungalow Bill" video, there you can see him in action:

Not sure what's more awesome the Blue Uke or your puddy tat, make it a package deal and I'll take it!

Last edited:
Sounds great, dude, though that is probably as much a testament to your playing as anything else. Nice work. My daughter wants me to make her a diamond shaped uke, so I've got to do something similar before too long!

Thank you very much, Matt! The uke really does't sound bad, it's just not as loud as a "real" uke. Good luck with your daughter's diamond shape.

Top Bottom