UAS STRIKES MGM here's my latest aquisition

MGM

Reaction score
Da bug hit me when i heard there was a Gibson Concert....what Concert? Gibson didn't make concerts only sopranos and tenors so I had to dig more and with the lead from a good friend i have gotten delivered today this GIBSON solid mhoagny Concert labeled Concert Proto#1 made in Bozeman Montana. weee HEEEE

uke-top2.jpg

Very pretty! How would you rate the sound as compared to a vintage Martin?

Very Nice Mike!

Wow....check out the old cardboard case!!!!!

Probably worth it's weight in gold, AWESOME find, congratulations!

Very pretty! How would you rate the sound as compared to a vintage Martin?

I can speak of a soprano comparison. I just acquired a Gibson Uke 1, c. probably 40s, and I also have a '48 Martin O. They have different sounds; the Gibson has even more "plunk" than the Martin, and I think it's a unique sound. As a mahogany soprano lover, I think it's great and a nice compliment to the Martin. My guess is the concert compares in a similar way.

Nice find!

Very nice! What year was it made? Was it built by (or under) Steve Carlson, or had he moved on already?

Da bug hit me when i heard there was a Gibson Concert....what Concert? Gibson didn't make concerts only sopranos and tenors so I had to dig more and with the lead from a good friend i have gotten delivered today this GIBSON solid mhoagny Concert labeled Concert Proto#1 made in Bozeman Montana. weee HEEEE

uke-top2.jpg

Wish they made these in production!

I think it's broken; can I have it? :p

MGM,

You seem to always have the coolest ukes around! Infact watching the video I really like the sound of that uke. Also I am going to send you a PM to find out some info on two ukes I saw hanging in the background.

Top Bottom