Hygrometer

I have a Western Calliber III. It had the best reviews. It does not have to be salt calibrated either. Hope that helps.:)

I've bought several kinds of hygrometers in an effort to combat the Minnesota winter for my ukes. Whether it's a made-specifically-for-instrument hygrometer such as a Planet Waves or a cheap Springfield hygrometer from Wal-Mart, they all seem to read the humidity a little different (less so for the temperature reading). But when you have a few of them you can get a general ballpark idea of the relative humidity. I would say the instrument specific hygrometers are too expensive and not worth the price. Maybe get a few of those springfield hygrometers and use the one reading the lowest humidity as your benchmark. These are the ones I use in uke cases unless the case is an Ameritage (it has its own hygrometer).

I have a Fluker's terrarium hygrometer in my case. It reads about 5% higher than my Oregon Scientific weather station, which was reading the same as what weather.com was reporting for my area at the time I was comparing the two.

The Oregon Scientific remote sensor will easily fit in a uke case. It has an LCD display on it for temperature and humidity. And if you have a base station, you'll know the temp and Rh in your case without having to open it.

Top Bottom