comparing two ukes

Kaneohe til the end

Reaction score
i have narrowed my decision for a new uke. a solid koa tenor. ive narrowed the choices between the koaloha tenor KTM-00 and the honu tenor TR-KRGT, both are from mgm. im going to try set up a meeting where i can compare the two. how would you compare them against each other, besides just listening to it, are there some things i shouild look for?

i have narrowed my decision for a new uke. a solid koa tenor. ive narrowed the choices between the koaloha tenor KTM-00 and the honu tenor TR-KRGT, both are from mgm. im going to try set up a meeting where i can compare the two. how would you compare them against each other, besides just listening to it, are there some things i shouild look for?

when i compare ukuleles... the only thing that matters is the sound isn't it?? I guess the quality would help.. i dunno what these ukuleles look like, but unless its extremly ugly don't get it.

In the end i guess reviews from people on how good quality they are, the sound is what matters right?? thats the only thing i can think of haha

The obvious things to look at are the intonation, action, and tone. Being able to try em both out is a big help because then you can also take into consideration how each uke "feels" when you play it.

The obvious things to look at are the intonation, action, and tone.

Keonikapila, FTW!

If it sounds good and feels good it doesn't matter if it's beautiful or looks like the proverbial dog's breakfast.

Luckily, most ukuleles that sound and feel good are also pleasing to the eye.

Keonikapila, FTW!

If it sounds good and feels good it doesn't matter if it's beautiful or looks like the proverbial dog's breakfast.

Luckily, most ukuleles that sound and feel good are also pleasing to the eye.

yup thats usually true. i guess when most luthiers take pride in their work, they would like to show it off :p

Good Choice

I have a Koaloha Tenor and Saprano with Ext neck. I love them both. They sound amazing...THe more I play the better they sound. You iwll not be disapointed!!!:D

Top Bottom