Unusual KoAloha on ebay

heyjude

Reaction score
I've been watching this one. It was bought less than four years ago but has the old style label and no markings on the neck end-block. Notice that the end of the fingerboard is curved to match the sound hole. Obviously, to me anyway, a factory second with the reset bridge. Could this have come from MGM's personal collection of delectable and desirable ukuleles? Curious, wot? See it here-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280475648496&ssPageName=STRK:

I was fifty bucks short of winning a nicer one last night on ebay. My wall of ukes needs another KoAloha. :) I think I'll pass on this one though.

Jude

I've been watching this one. It was bought less than four years ago but has the old style label and no markings on the neck end-block. Notice that the end of the fingerboard is curved to match the sound hole. Obviously, to me anyway, a factory second with the reset bridge. Could this have come from MGM's personal collection of delectable and desirable ukuleles? Curious, wot? See it here-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280475648496&ssPageName=STRK:

I was fifty bucks short of winning a nicer one last night on ebay. My wall of ukes needs another KoAloha. :) I think I'll pass on this one though.

Jude

I have asked three questions about the bridge repair and who performed the work on this uke. The seller has posted none of them on the listing page. He claims that he bought it from MGM in this condition and that MGM had the bridge work done. I actually just sent MGM an email about this. Smells like something is rotten in Denmark on this one.

And Jude, it looks like the extra fifty that I bid on that one last night was worthwhile. :)

And Jude, it looks like the extra fifty that I bid on that one last night was worthwhile.

I thought about bidding a little more but Mike's got a new one listed that has the white portions of koa in it. My oval hole soprano also has a white area in the top and I'm think the two of them would make perfect bookends for my wall of KoAlohas. :) That would be tenor, superconcert, concert, supersoprano pineappple, pineapple and oval-hole soprano. Ten years of KoAlohas as the ovalhole was made in 2000. Then I'll quit. Really. I mean it, no more KoAlohas after the next one. I'm dead serious about this. I am in control. I have will power. I can "just say no".
You and "she who shall not be named" are now soul-mates. She outbid me fifty bucks on a PS not long ago. Go ahead, crush an old man's dreams. Oh well,

Ran out of weird thoughts so.........

Jude

LOL Jude. I really wanted one with the now "old style" crown bridge. And let's leave the Wicked One out of this. :)

MGM said that the uke was sold in "as is" conditon because of the defective bridge.

I asked for a picture of the back and that is now there. It looks like it has a one piece top and one piece back. Hmmmm, maybe. Just perhaps I should.

Jude

Top Bottom