Here we go again, fake Craigslist KoAloha is back!

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I can't believe it...that person is using my old (formerly Ronnie's now John's) Pineapple Sunday photo again. Like others noted, perhaps he/she is lazy and didn't take their own photo. But then that is false misrepresentation as everyone knows each PS is as unique as a snowflake. And I guarantee that unless John has shipped it back to CA, this person does NOT have this ukulele. They, again, are either too lazy to do their own photo/description or they are committing fraud. Sigh.

I love how they not only stole my photo (take of my then PS, in my then case, on my couch in my office) but also ripped off my actual description. "It is a laser etched top, and the koa is a beautiful golden blonde. It sounds beautiful, and is strung with Worth clears (I think they are...they could be KoAloha brand strings). It has the straight style bridge, and koa binding. The abalone fret dots are a beautiful." Funnily enough, though the photo clearly shows a 13th fret dot, they make no mention of that. You would think after Craig's List pulled their last listing they would have remedied the issues if they were honest.

The current listing: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/msg/1644480540.html

The listing from last week: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...g-on-Craig-s-List!&highlight=pineapple+sunday

My original posted sale in the UU marketplace (and on eBay). http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...le-Sunday-for-sale&highlight=pineapple+sunday

You be the judge. Could there be an identical twin out there for that uke, are they lazy or a fraud.

The worst part is, this was all taken verbatim from my text on my UU ad, not my eBay ad, so whoever stole the description and photo did it from Ukulele Underground. That was the only place I discussed the string type, and he even took the ... in my description. Do we have a fraud amongst us?

Don't buy this unless you are CERTAIN they have a PS in hand, and even then, ask for photos of the real one!

Last edited:
I would think that if anyone were going to sell a uke that nice, they wouldn't be so lazy as to not even write their own description. I would say it's a fraud, and I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it unless they were able to look at the uke with their own eyes first.

Get HaoleJohn on them! He loves taking care of these kinds of "situations" :D

I would think that if anyone were going to sell a uke that nice, they wouldn't be so lazy as to not even write their own description. I would say it's a fraud, and I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it unless they were able to look at the uke with their own eyes first.

I know...I thought there was a chance they were lazy the first time, but if you were honest, and your Craigs List ad was removed for fraud, wouldn't you take some pictures of your actual ukulele before you put the ad back up again? Now I'm pretty convinced he doesn't even have a Pineapple Sunday at all.

I know...I thought there was a chance they were lazy the first time, but if you were honest, and your Craigs List ad was removed for fraud, wouldn't you take some pictures of your actual ukulele before you put the ad back up again? Now I'm pretty convinced he doesn't even have a Pineapple Sunday at all.

This. I could let it slide once as well (even though I doubt anyone with a Pineapple Sunday would be so lazy when they would KNOW uke purchases are based a lot on looks) but twice...no dice.

As much as I love intrigue and conspiracy theories, it is not necessary to be a member of UU to find posts with pictures of practically anything - Google works quite well for that. In fact, Googles search engine usually works better at finding UU posts than the UU software, as the mods have even said a few times.

Last edited:
I tried contacting the poster, asking for more detailed photographs, but I don't think I'm going to get a response because I didn't add my phone number in my email.

Not that I'm going to try buying it anyway; I just wanted to see if it was legit or not.

Since this person is such a repeat offender, would it be more effective to respond to email that person directly and warn them that they've got about 100 ukers watching them closely so they'd better cut it out? :)

I can't stand it. I just can't stand it. Sigh. I've flagged it twice, I can't believe they are trying again. Thanks for flagging it bbycrts.

Top Bottom