PDA

View Full Version : Open Mic Every Sunday @ The Spiral Gallery Cafe. Waimanalo!

HumbleSounds
03-15-2010, 02:48 AM
Aloha everybody. Just wanted to put the word out about an open mic that I am hosting. A friend of mine has opened a Cafe/ Gallery in Waimanalo. There is a great deal of love that has been put into the place with a strong focus on supporting local art, local crafts, local farms, and man the coffee is gooooood and fresh. A lot of good people have come together there and created a pretty special place. If your in the neighborhood swing by and check it out.

The open mic is every sunday from 5-8.
41-863 Kalanianaole Hwy. Sweet 2
Waimanalo, HI, 96795

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMBMl59ojSc

Ukeffect
03-15-2010, 06:31 AM
Very cool! Inspiring, too!

Ahnko Honu
03-15-2010, 07:11 AM
What parts of Waimanalo? By Bobby's Grocers, Mel's Market, or the Waimanalo Shopping Center? I don't recall seeing this business and I'm in Waimanalo all the time. Pretty awesome, only a few minutes away. Mahalo for the info.
I know the Morning Brew Cafe in Kailua had open mic on Fridays. I've only played 'ukulele with friends and family week end kanikapila so gotta get my nerve up. I go scope um out first. I wonder if they interested in Hawaiian calabashes I turn on a wood lathe?

HumbleSounds
03-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Very cool! Inspiring, too!

Thanks for checking it out, it is an inspiring space for sure.

What parts of Waimanalo? By Bobby's Grocers, Mel's Market, or the Waimanalo Shopping Center? I don't recall seeing this business and I'm in Waimanalo all the time. Pretty awesome, only a few minutes away. Mahalo for the info.
I know the Morning Brew Cafe in Kailua had open mic on Fridays. I've only played 'ukulele with friends and family week end kanikapila so gotta get my nerve up. I go scope um out first. I wonder if they interested in Hawaiian calabashes I turn on a wood lathe?

Its on the makapuu end of waimanalo, next to Keneke's and the post office. Cass would be the one to talk to about the calabashes, I am sure that she is open to it. Thanks for taking the time. Aloha.

HumbleSounds
03-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Here is a clip from Anna Surento, from last sundays open mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDDrNEcB-MQ