We Are the World ukulele style

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW1boRK-A78

I had the pleasure of meeting Sebi (thesebinextdoor) and his wife Aya one snowy night in Tokyo during his recent visit to Japan. One of the things we talked about was an idea of collaborating on "We Are the World." We wanted to involve other ukulele players, and so I made a guide video, posted it on my YouTube channel, and asked people who were interested to volunteer. Happily, we had an enthusiastic response and all the solo and chorus slots were filled fairly quickly. After a period of about 2 weeks collecting the video clips from all the participants, Sebi and I worked on editing first the audio and then the video. All I can say is that I had goosebumps putting the audio together, adding each new voice to the tapestry. I'm proud to say our video represents a truly international effort! Hope you like our efforts. A big thank you to all the participants!

A very big thank you to you, John, for managing this wonderful collaboration and to everyone involved for sharing your talents. Like John said, it was incredible putting one piece after another together and seeing the video becoming reality. I'm very proud to be a part of this! Thank you all.

Really cool, everybody!!

That was terrific. You guys (and ladies) did a wonderful job.

I always like seeing how many people I know too. It puts a big smile on my face.

Top Bottom