It's Here!

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
My 1930s Style 2 Martin arrived this morning! She's been played a lot, obviously, and isn't as pristine as some, but WOW! What a sound! Loud, clear, and gorgeous. And a joy to play. I think I am smitten. Money well spent. I'd like to say that the back doesn't look quite as bad in person as it does in this photo (glare and stuff). There are some old (but well-repaired) cracks, but they aren't too bad.

Attachments

• 100_2296.jpg
    100_2296.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_2291.jpg
    100_2291.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_2297.jpg
    100_2297.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_2292.jpg
    100_2292.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_2293.jpg
    100_2293.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Congratulations!

Green with envy!

Congrats! Would love to hear it too when you have the chance. Does it have Aquila strings? If so, how does it sound with them?

Congrats. Love those Martins.

Just curious-- do you know, has it been refinished, or is there just that much gloss after all these years?

Well, it might have been, but keep in mind a lot of what looks like gloss is actually camera flash. But if I had to guess, I would say that it had probably received a coat of lacquer at some point in the distant past. I think the COLOR is original though.

I was just really shocked at how *SHINY* it looked. That said, it's a beaut! I'm jealous-- congrats!

I got to go to the Martin factory in PA last winter for my birthday (my girlfriend is very understanding, it was an awesome present) and it was amazing to watch the care and hard work that goes into those little suckers.

I was just really shocked at how *SHINY* it looked. That said, it's a beaut! I'm jealous-- congrats!

I got to go to the Martin factory in PA last winter for my birthday (my girlfriend is very understanding, it was an awesome present) and it was amazing to watch the care and hard work that goes into those little suckers.

I have a coworker who's from Philadelphia, and his nephew works at Martin. Maybe he'll sneak me one out in his lunchbox!

Congrats! I've sort of been hankering for a vintage uke so your new beauty is flogging my UAS.

Wow, even with all its "flaws" it's still a beautiful uke! (And I love when ukes are well-worn, it just means that they've been used a lot!)

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid? A Martin 2 or 3M has been (and probably will always be) on my wish list.

Top Bottom