Recent bout of UAS

haolejohn

Reaction score
Well I thought that I had UAS under control. I had a KoAloha long neck soprano, a KoAloha concert, a KoAloha Sceptre and a KoAloha Pineapple Sunday. I also had a Mele solid koa double puka with abalone inlay. Well mother nature wasn't too kind to me and the Mele was damaged by our record lows. I sent it into Mele and decided to trade it in on a Mele 6 string mahogany tenor. Well I wasn't done yet. I then got a vineyard solid mahogany pineapple from UkeRepublic. Well I was searching the marketplace and come across a great deal on a Mainland slotted headstock concert. I decided one more wouldn't hurt. So in the last two weeks, I have gone from mahoganyless to three solid mahogany ukuleles. I am now cured for awhile. That is until i find what is calling my name next. I'm thinking Mele cut-a-way. Not sure b/c i really want a KoAloha tenor with crown bridge as well. So to those of you thinking you have UAS under control...BEWARE!!

BTW...Pics will come as soon as the Mele and Mainland arrive.

Hey John, you got a vintage Martin yet? ;)

Not sure b/c i really want a KoAloha tenor with crown bridge as well.

I just won one on eBay (and I'm using the money from my two Mainland sales to help with the purchase!!!) :D Thanks John!

Last edited:
Not really into the martins (newer ones). Of course I have yet to played a vintage vintage one. Ok, who am I kidding? I'd love to play an old 50s martin or older.

Yes, you would! I just got a '30s Style 2.

Not really into the martins (newer ones). Of course I have yet to played a vintage vintage one. Ok, who am I kidding? I'd love to play an old 50s martin or older.

I have a '48 O that was my Birthday Uke. Oh man, John, you gotta play one. It's really awesome mahogany goodness!
But I have my eye--finally--on a Mele standard soprano. I'm thinkin....

I have a '48 O that was my Birthday Uke. Oh man, John, you gotta play one. It's really awesome mahogany goodness!
But I have my eye--finally--on a Mele standard soprano. I'm thinkin....

You will like it. I think the Mele mahogs are better than their koa ones.

Well, I think you need a Ko'olau CE-1. That's the instrument that recently triggered a minor bout with UAS for me. LOL!

Oh you kids and your UAS!!!

I have been sitting on a nice sum of money waiting for thet deal I cannot pass on, or uke I must have no matter the cost. (within my budget) I almost lost it when MGM put those Cedar top Koalohas up for sale. I think he still has one but I haven't seen it in his store, so for now I am safe.

Oh you kids and your UAS!!!

I have been sitting on a nice sum of money waiting for thet deal I cannot pass on, or uke I must have no matter the cost. (within my budget) I almost lost it when MGM put those Cedar top Koalohas up for sale. I think he still has one but I haven't seen it in his store, so for now I am safe.

LOL!! that is the key to controling the UAS. That is the reason for my recent purchases. They were too good to pass up. I am now in the saving for the custom uke phase, Unless I find that perfect koaloha tenor.

I think something else that helps me is having an awsome uke that is Moore Bettah than any other uke I have ever played. It is hard to play a Kala when there is a MB sitting next to you.

I have played some other ukes that I wanted and still do, Koaloha Black Label Six String anyone??? But did not have the funds at the time, still don't for the black label. I am sure something will come along sometime though.

was that the one that had the bridge messed up?

Yup...some visible glue residue around the bridge. Assuming the seller is being truthful in his description and answers, he bought it like that at a discount from MGM. If it's only cosmetic, I won't really mind. I was actually really interested in a super concert with a crown bridge but none were available when I bid on the tenor. Looks like one popped up on eBay about 2 days after I bid on the tenor. Oh well...can't win them all.

Yup...some visible glue residue around the bridge. Assuming the seller is being truthful in his description and answers, he bought it like that at a discount from MGM. If it's only cosmetic, I won't really mind. I was actually really interested in a super concert with a crown bridge but none were available when I bid on the tenor. Looks like one popped up on eBay about 2 days after I bid on the tenor. Oh well...can't win them all.

I think you are getting a better deal with the Tenor, as long as everythign is ok with the uke. I have been watching the Superconcert and I think it is going for more then your Tenor went for.

I think you are getting a better deal with the Tenor, as long as everythign is ok with the uke. I have been watching the Superconcert and I think it is going for more then your Tenor went for.

Yeah, it's already priced higher than I got my tenor for and it still has 4 days left.

Top Bottom