Two Out - Two In!

Paul December

Reaction score
I'm shipping 2 ukes OUT today...
1) Recording King Resonator I sold in the sales forum. I wanted something loud enough to keep up with my wife on the piano. While the resonator is actually loud enough, it really is a picking instrument, and I'm more of a strummer :)
2) I posted last week that my Lanikai 8 string arrived damaged, so it is going back as a return for something kind-of different.

Two are on their way IN...
1) I still needed something loud enough to play with a piano, so I decided to get a Kala Archtop. I've never had a uke with a pickup, so this should be fun.
2) While messing around with the Lanikai 8 string, waiting for the return label I realized I don't have enough hand strength to make certain chords on the 8 string. All chords take more strength, but in particular when you had to press down the double G's in bar chords and some other more complex ones. I do like he fuller & different sound, so decided to exchange the 8 string for a 6 string.

arton642.jpg

270778jpg.jpg

Paul, I think the 8 string for 6 string is a good choice. I had a 6 string that I sold to fund an 8 string but then got rid of 8 string and am now waiting on the arrival of a 6 string:) Just a suggestion...I tuned my last 6 string with a low g and a low a. sounded neat.

Paul, I think the 8 string for 6 string is a good choice. I had a 6 string that I sold to fund an 8 string but then got rid of 8 string and am now waiting on the arrival of a 6 string:) Just a suggestion...I tuned my last 6 string with a low g and a low a. sounded neat.

Did you dislike the 8 for the same reason? Did the 8 sound much fuller than the 6?
I'll definately try the tuning, thanks!

Top Bottom