more advice solicitation

Rubbertoe

Reaction score
This seems to be a popular subject in the last 48 hours or so (and I didn't want to piggyback on other members' threads so that they could get advice specific to their needs) but I too am trying to decide between two different ukes. Since I'm not able to see them or play them, I'm hoping members with more experience can point me in the right direction...

Here they are:

Kelii Curly Koa Tenor $575
http://cgi.ebay.ca/KELII-CURLY-KOA-TENOR-UKULELE-Hawaiian-Made-w-dlx-case_W0QQitemZ250249279124QQihZ015QQcategoryZ16224QQcmdZViewItem

Pono PKT2 $664
http://cgi.ebay.ca/PONO-TENOR-KOA-UKULELE-PKT2-BY-KOOLAU-Dlx-Case_W0QQitemZ330237738293QQihZ014QQcategoryZ16224QQcmdZViewItem

Is there a reason that the Pono is about $100 more than the Kelii?

Its in the details, note the rope purfing on the top of the sound board. Things like that don't add to the sound, but they sure look purty, and up the price.

Its in the details, note the rope purfing on the top of the sound board. Things like that don't add to the sound, but they sure look purty, and up the price.

off topic... but i just wanted to answer the question in your signature:

"how many ukes should one man have?"

the answer is....

ONE....

MORE.

the answer is....

ONE....

MORE.

That's the BEST answer ever! I think I may just have to flip a coin or something. Or, buy both! Man, if only I had the cash... well, I'd buy a higher-end uke!

Last edited:

the answer is....

ONE....

MORE.

:D:D
Well folks, I guess my quest is over. I have met the wise man on the mount :bowdown:(aka Nukedoc), and he has answered my question. I can go lie down with my uke and drift off to ukuleleland.:music:

Top Bottom