Martin Guitar Factory

austin1

Reaction score
hello all!

I just came back from a trip to the Martin guitar factory out in Nazareth, PA, has anyone else been there? It's pretty cool, the factory tour is free, and they have a bunch of really expensive guitars you can play (not being a guitar player, this particular piece of awesome was totally wasted on me). Not so much on the ukulele front there (no ukes to play unfortunately), but they did have a whole uke section in their museum which was neat. Also, on the tour, we got to check out a custom ukulele that's in progress for a collector in Japan, it was quite lovely! It had like a funky feudal Japan theme, with a really cool inlay on the body of a samurai and a lady in a kimono. If you guys are in the area, definitely check it out. Also, on their website, they have an option where you can design your own custom guitar, and out of boredom, I decided to have fun with it. I've discovered that my dream guitar (if I played guitar), looks like an overgrown ukulele and retails for $9,245

http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/custom/index.html

I've taken it when I was younger.. maybe like 3rd or 4th grade? From what I remember it was freaking awesome. Maybe I should do it again soon..

I've been there twice.

If I could suggest a guitar for less money, LOL, the Martin 00-15. BTW, you can buy them cheaper in town than in most retail places...

This year we're doing the Yuengling Brewery...

This has been on my to-do list for a year or so....

Top Bottom