UU clothes in public

Skottoman

Reaction score
Hey,
Kind of a weird thread, but just wanted to see if others are getting the same reaction.

About 1 month ago, I ordered a UU sweatshirt hoodie, and a t-shirt. Now I live in Santa Cruz, CA and wear hoodie sweatshirts all the time. In all the years of wearing them I've never gotten ONE comment...

When I wear my brown UU hoodie out in public I get COMMENTS! Like "You play the ukulele?", or "Ukulele Underground, sounds cool", or even just thumbs up from people who see it.

Amazing! Just wondering if others who have/wear UU clothing in public have gotten any comments.
This has never happened to me, and I think just wearing something with the words UKULELE on it draws happy comments.

Anyone else? BTW, I love my hoodie UU guys!
Cheers,
Skottoman

Attachments

• uu_hoodie.jpg
    uu_hoodie.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 106
I get lots of feedback when I wear my UU t-shirts....all positive!

I get noticed from time to time. Heck, Jake Shimabukuro commented on my UU t-shirt at the concert last night...

Oh all the time. Usually it's like (since everyone knows I play) a "haha nice shirt!"

Only a few people have actually asked about it, and I go into detail, but yeah, it's all good stuff.

I get noticed from time to time. Heck, Jake Shimabukuro commented on my UU t-shirt at the concert last night...
Jon, you're such a name dropper.....

My favorite comment regarding my hoodie, "You REALLY play the ukulele?"

Damn I am jealous. I am tall 6' 5" and am hesitant to order a shirt because they usually become belly shirts on me. (My bulging gut doesn't help matters on that front LOL.) I wear hoodies constantly and would love one of each. You guys think they would be long enough. What brand/type of t-shirt is it?

I wore my green UU Tee to work today for St. Patrick's day. The receptionist said "Cool name! Is that your group?"

Of course I said yes..

What brand/type of t-shirt is it?

My green UU shirt is a Gildan brand tshirt, but my brown UU tshirt is a Fruit of the Loom shirt (the brown one is older than my green one). Both of my hoodies are Gildan brand.

Damn I am jealous. I am tall 6' 5" and am hesitant to order a shirt because they usually become belly shirts on me. (My bulging gut doesn't help matters on that front LOL.) I wear hoodies constantly and would love one of each. You guys think they would be long enough. What brand/type of t-shirt is it?

I am 6'4" and a reasonably big guy (225lbs). The XL UU shirt fits me quite well, and there is plenty of length.

Best comment I've gotten was from a lady in a quilt shop (my wife likes to quilt)...

"Ukulele Underground eh.... sounds kind of sinister!"

Yah, I'm involved in the Ukulele Mafia, and we're keeping it underground. haha...

I think in the month or so I've had the hoodie and shirt, I've gotten at least 10 comments. amazing, it's never happened when I wear any other kind of hoodie.

Oh, and the UU guys wrote all over my reciept they sent with my Hoodie and shirt. Drew pictures and stuff. Makes it more fun that way. I should have taken a pic.
Cheers,
Skottoman

I've had one comment on my cap, "wow, its amazing how two random words can sound so cool together". Obviously then I had to explain... "THESE ARE NOT RANDOM WORDS, THESE ARE THE GATEWAY TO A WORLD OF SEX UKE'S AND ROCK AND ROLL"... well thats not quite what I said... but you get the jist.

... but I love wearing my UU's (hmm looks like ascii art for 'I love wearing my boobs'... but I digress).... where was I???... yes I love wearing my UU's so that one day I may have a chance encounter with another UU goer in the UK... we shall look at eachothers shirts and silently embrace.

Last edited:
Top Bottom