Gigapus

nomis

Reaction score
Hi,

I got my first uke (a Kala Archtop) a few months ago and I've barely put it down since, but now I'd like to get one of these GIGAPUS that everyone's talking about. Can anyone tell me the best place in London (UK) to get one? I've heard that they're more common in the States but surely there must be some available in the UK.

I don't think I understand the question. And I'm a GIGAPUS.

Would a singular one be a Gigapu since the S is for society? I really hope so cause now I want to write a song called My boo the Gigapu.

And I wish they were more common here in the states, I would mind finding one as well.

Hi,

I got my first uke (a Kala Archtop) a few months ago and I've barely put it down since, but now I'd like to get one of these GIGAPUS that everyone's talking about. Can anyone tell me the best place in London (UK) to get one? I've heard that they're more common in the States but surely there must be some available in the UK.

Thanks to the magic of YouTube, you can "get" GIGAPUS wherever you can get online.

Would a singular one be a Gigapu since the S is for society? I really hope so cause now I want to write a song called My boo the Gigapu.

And I wish they were more common here in the states, I would mind finding one as well.

Oh please write a song called "My boo the Gigapu"?! That would be so great!

We do not currently have a mail order GIGAPU service but, feel free to join our group and maybe you can meet a UK GIGAPU that way? :)

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/group.php?groupid=97

Oh please write a song called "My boo the Gigapu"?! That would be so great!

We do not currently have a mail order GIGAPU service but, feel free to join our group and maybe you can meet a UK GIGAPU that way? :)

I'm not the original poster but If you could slap some glasses on Sophie Madeleine and send her my way I would be more than grateful, she would work as a UK GIGAPU. But then again I am all the way over in Oregon and the shipping charges would be outrageous. (and I'm already a member of your group, how you can you not support the GIGAPUS?)

And I accept your challenge to write that! I haven't been playing that long so writing will be a challenge but it will be good to have a focus. (I've only tried writing one other time and it didn't turn out so hot, the opening line was "went to your house, tryin to woo ya, you misunderstood, thought I was tryin to do ya"...so don't expect to much! :) )

Now the Real question is what is a group called? I vote for a "Giggle"....and the multiple form should be Gigapie...so a "Giggle of Gigapu" or a "Giggle of Gigapie"?
:anyone:

@ukefett
I'm not greedy, I'm not looking for an entire flock of Gigapi - Just a single solitary Gigapu. Also, in the UK I'm not sure what the legal stance is on multiple Gigapu. I was hoping someone could tell me if they gather together in secret places at certain times of the year in order to find a mate. (I might be getting confused with penguins)

@mds725
Yes the video shows a magnificent example of the Lesser Spotted Gigapu. Fantastic glasses, great uke and amazing plumage. And you can tell this is a genuine Gigapu and not a cheap import because it has the Gigapus label. I would love one just like this but I fear this species is not found in Europe.

I would hate to cause offense, but i would like to make clear that my personal Gigapu preference leans a little away from the example below:
attachment.php

lol, well done you've just created the first video of what is now another internet fetish... rack up those credit card memberships

Hi,

I suggest you could build your own. Find a likely and willing candidate, perhaps just a female with glasses, and introduce her to the ukulele. Voila! Instant Gigapus. Or, you could find a ukulady sans glasses, and just wait... eventually she will need glasses. Are you a BIGAPUS? That might help your chances. Do you play your ukulele outside, or in public? It will increase your chances if they can zone in on your location by ear.

–Lori

I was gonna' start a club like that for guys, but it came out with the same name:

Guys in glasses and playing ukulele Society.

I wear reading glasses to read music in anything but bright sunlight. Ric

Just so you know... this is NOT a Gigapus.

clipursula31.gif

Hi,

You could always try looking here:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?27792-One-Day-Ukulele-Mini-Fest-UK-Sunday-18th-April-2010

my own strategy has been to buy my GIG a uke and encourage her to play it, although i suspect that a random GIGAPU discovery is more satisfying from a hunter seeker thrill of the chase point of view.

my own strategy has been to buy my GIG a uke and encourage her to play it, although i suspect that a random GIGAPU discovery is more satisfying from a hunter seeker thrill of the chase point of view.

I've been trying that but haven't as yet met with much success! Any tips?

Top Bottom