Pawn Stars - Gibson UB-1 Banjo Ukulele Segment

Yeah, it was cool. I think they were off base on a couple of things, though. They seemed to think that banjoleles are rare. Have they seen eBay lately? Banjo ukes are pretty common. They paid $200 for it, which seemed high to me. They had it repaired by a "pro" who put steel strings on the thing, and charged them $200 more. Now it's for sale on eBay....and I think they're asking for an opening bid of $999. WHAT?

Someone will buy it just cuz it was on thge show..Probably sit in a glass case with a picture of the guy on pawnstars holding it..

Someone will buy it just cuz it was on thge show..Probably sit in a glass case with a picture of the guy on pawnstars holding it..
I'm not sure Pawn Stars has reached that level of celebrity yet... and I'm a big fan.

Yeah, I enjoyed that and was also amused by the numbers and the impressions they had.
I guess Vegas wasn't a big part of banjolele-dom.

Now if Chumley had played an inspired version of "Aint She Sweet" on that uke, the value would have skyrocketed! What a stud.

Here is another thread. It has the listing on ebay in it but here it the link. Opening bid of $900 no takers yet 2 days left.

After watching the show I was not impressed with the repair man. We had to make a bridge and a nut because they are hard to find. Seriously dude you are a gutiar repairman making a bridge and nut shouldn't be that big of a deal. Fixing all the wood would have been tricky though and he seemed to do a good job on that.

Kind of wierd knowing they paid $400 total for the thing and they are asking $900. But I guess if I could invest $400 and get $900 a short while later I would do it.

The biggest problem I had with the repair guy was the use of steel strings. The wood work looked good, as you said.

Top Bottom