laugh out loud grass

Fred Miu

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
im sorry, but i lol'd really hard when i read this.

z44411454.gif

oh geez, haha i didnt mean it for emo pics. haha i just wanted to show grass, but if you guys are going to post pics. i didnt tell you to lol

Uh oh, now Davoo's gone over, there must be an avatar virus rampaging through UU. Someone call poison control, or the Center for Infectious Desease, or Homeland Security!!

beeb1873e8.jpg

Just kidding nothin against emo kids. Maybe they are different in the UK rather than the States, most of my emo mates are pretty happy dudes, just a load of peircings and floppy hair.

beeb1873e8.jpg

Just kidding nothin against emo kids. Maybe they are different in the UK rather than the States, most of my emo mates are pretty happy dudes, just a load of peircings and floppy hair.

THAT HAS MADE MY DAY! OH MAN THAT WAS GREAT!!! now thats :rock: hardXcore

beeb1873e8.jpg

ROFLMAO

Funniest. emo picture. evar.

Ok people, I've read this thread front to back and sideways... still looking for a definition of 'emo'. I'm too old to be around these 'kinds of people', and don't watch enough TV, and probably just to square in general to know about this. Anybody care to fill me in? Please...?

Ok people, I've read this thread front to back and sideways... still looking for a definition of 'emo'. I'm too old to be around these 'kinds of people', and don't watch enough TV, and probably just to square in general to know about this. Anybody care to fill me in? Please...?

Okay, here it is from someone who doesn't really know too much about emo, but its an opinion from the outside lookin in:

emo person:
someone starved for attention, you can usually spot one because of the style of dress (most likely black) and/or excessive makeup (most likely black). the makeup can be eye liner, fake tears drawn onto face, black lipstick etc. Makeup can be applied to guys or girls. Piercings are also common amongst 'emo' people. can be pierced on ear, nose, eyebrow or any other place you can think of.

One stereotypical thing about 'emo' kids is that they like to cut themselves or inflict pain on themselves. Many times on the wrist, but also on any other part of the body. I personally think they do it for the attention because many of them like to tell people about how they cut themselves.

Another thing might be the music they listen to. I've heard of 'emo' music but I can't think of any examples.

Again, people who dress a certain way might be considered emo, but are probably a perfectly normal person. So whatevs :D

ANYWAY, that was my conception of 'emo'. Again, I don't claim to know anything about 'emo' really. I'm just saying how it appears to me.

Last edited:

it stems from the word emotional.

it stems from the word emotional.

You know thats what I thought it might come from. And from what Davoomac has told me, it strikes me that these kids (emo people are under 18yo?) have taken the I-wanna-be-different-in-the-same-way-you-are concept to new levels and combined it with self-mutilation (a very serious clinical sign, often the precursor to suicide!!:eek:) as a way to fit in and gain attention from there peers, as well as shock the hell out of everybody else. As a noob to this phenomenon it looks outrageously silly, but as an RN who sees pleny of people with psych issues, it appears mostly harmless. Just my opinion, spouting off abit. Curious, am I getting it right?

Top Bottom