how many ukes = UAS

both....

you have the bug, but you can always keep buying. it's good for the environment ;)

Oh yeah, you've got the bug alright! You know, there is no known cure for UAS, only temporary relief!! (Like buying uke after uke!!)

one can never have enough 'ukuleles.

Oh carry on buying--that's what I did. :D I think I am going to pause and breathe and enjoy what I have now, though. I haven't gotten all my newer ones into videos yet! They all need to show off. :)

And there certainly could be worse addictions. This one brings happiness to just about everyone. :)

CountryMouse

All the Ukuleles you want is better that sitting in the corner puke bar crying over your beer.

How many 'ukuleles equals UAS? Just one... the next one! :D

1 ukulele = 1 ukulele
>1 == UAS.

Welcome to the madness, or in my case, the mahogany madness!

one can never have enough 'ukuleles.

Actually you can. I think by the time you have about 602214179300000000000000 ukes, you may have too many (1 mole of ukulele)

But as long as you don't have that many, you don't have enough :)

(or maybe I should be paying attention to this chemistry lecture instead of UU)

But in answer to the question, I think you can have UAS whether you have 1 uke or any number of ukes.
Heck, you could probably show symptoms if you don't even have a uke yet.

Last edited:
I'm about to sell a ukulele. I have two concerts and only really need one. How perverse is THAT?

I bought my first uke last Saturday...my next one is coming in on Monday and I'm thinking a Kala U-Bass would be a nice addition....Hmmmm. I've seen a lot of ukes I'm not interested in buying...and a lot more that I am!

I cured my UAS... I started selling them in my ice cream shop! So I get to tune them, gaze at them, every once in awhile gently make sure they work.... then send them on to other UASers, then I get to order more to fill the empty space on my wall and get just as excited about them coming in as if they were mine to keep!

for me, it was one uke, and now i spend almost all of my internet time looking uke reviews, and ebay...

It's official when you have so many that you "discover" one you own but haven't played for so long it's like it's new. There are two terms for this "Obsessive Compulsive" or "Heaven". Don't worry about 3 ukes, you can always explain that off as one for each size, Sopranino, Soprano, Concert, Tenor, Baritone (5 ukes). The you add in different tunings C, D, Low G, High G for a couple of them 6 - 20) Add a couple of odd ones, banjo, electric, resonator....mix those with fleas and flues......you get the picture. Then if you have a couple of favorites, you need a spare or two if they have issues. HHHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Wait......maybe it's only bad if Junior is running around with pants three sizes to small while you open up your brand new Pineapple Sunday and compare it to your old lazer cut Sunday.

Remember, You never, ever see a hearse pulling a U-haul trailer. Enjoy!!!

does it count if I have one, my 7 year old has one and my 5 year old has one?

or am I just deluding myself ...

I cured my UAS... I started selling them in my ice cream shop! So I get to tune them, gaze at them, every once in awhile gently make sure they work.... then send them on to other UASers, then I get to order more to fill the empty space on my wall and get just as excited about them coming in as if they were mine to keep!

You used to be a junkie, now you're a dealer.

Top Bottom